The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ibn 'Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) said: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "If anyone constantly seeks pardon (from Allah), Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress and a relief from every anxiety, and will provide sustenance for him from where he expects not."

[Abu Dawud].
Original post by h333

Salaam :smile: Alhamdulillah.
Hmmm well who could this be?

Walaikum asalaam. It's dave from around the corner.
Assalaamu alaykum

Original post by life.....
It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says:

“O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety”

but Allaah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.”

SubhaanAllah wa bihamdihi
(Allah is far above any other in glory and perfection and praise be to Him)
Original post by life.....
Ibn 'Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) said: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "If anyone constantly seeks pardon (from Allah), Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress and a relief from every anxiety, and will provide sustenance for him from where he expects not."

[Abu Dawud].

JazaakAllahu khayraa
Original post by ILikeMintTeaM8

Lol. Is that a hint towards a possible new name? :ninja:

How are you bro?
Question:

The Prophet said; “When Ramadhaan arrives the doors of Paradise are flung open and the doors of Hellfire are slammed shut.“ Does this mean that one who dies in Ramadhaan enters Paradise without questioning?

Answer:

The situation is not as such. Rather, what this means is the doors of Paradise are flung open as an inspiration to the Muslims to make easy their entry (to Paradise). And the doors of Hellfire are shut to prevent the Believers from sins such that they do not enter (through) these doors. And this does not mean that one who dies in Ramadhaan enters Paradise without questioning, rather those who shall enter Paradise without questioning are those whom the Messenger has described in his statement;

“They are the ones who do not steal and do not cauterise and are not pessimistic and in their Lord they put their trust.“

[Fataawa Shaykh Muhammad as-Saalih al-Uthaymeen Volume 1, Page 561]
“It is essential for a student of knowledge to safeguard his time from being wasted. And time wasting occurs in a number of ways:-

Firstly: That one leaves committing to memory and revising what one has read.

Secondly: That one sits with his friends and indulges in vain and idle talk which contains no benefit.

Thirdly, and this Is the most harmful of them upon a student of knowledge: That he has no concern except pursuing people’s statements with he said this and he said that and with what occurred and what is taking place regarding an issue that is of no concern to him. And there is no doubt that this is from a weakness of [his] Islaam, since the Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: “Part of a person’s good Islâm is to leave alone that which does not concern him.” (Ibn Maajah)

And busying oneself with qila wa qala (they said and he said) and excessive questioning are time-wasters. And it is, in reality, a disease which, when it comes into man we ask Allaah for well-being it becomes his greatest concern. Due to this, he may even sometimes show enmity (‘ada) to one who does not deserve enmity, or show allegiance (wala) to one who does not deserve allegiance, because of concerning himself with these issues which pre-occupy him away from knowledge, under the pretext of “championing the truth”, whilst this is not the case!

Rather, this is part of pre-occupying oneself with an issue that does not concern him. If, however, a report comes to you without you having pursued or sought it, then all people receive news, but they do not busy themselves with it, nor does it become their greatest concern.

This is because this pre-occupies the student of knowledge, corrupts his affair; and opens up for the Ummah the door of bigoted partisanship (hizbiyyah), which then splits the Ummah.”

[Sh. Ibn Uthaymeen رحمه الله, Kitabul ‘Ilm]
“… As for what some people do regarding activities of suicide, tying explosives to themselves and then approaching unbelievers and detonating them amongst them, then this is a case of suicide and Allaah’s refuge is sought.

So whoever commits suicide then he will be considered eternally to Hell-Fire, remaining there forever, as occurs in the hadeeth of the Prophet (saw):

“And whoever kills himself with an iron weapon, then the iron weapon will remain in his hand, and he will continuously stab himself in his belly with it in the Fire of Hell eternally, forever and ever.” [Bukhaaree & Muslim]

Because this person has killed himself and has not benefited Islaam. So if he kills himself along with ten or a hundred or two hundred other people, then Islaam will not benefit by that, since the people will not accept Islaam, contrary to the story of the boy.

Rather it will probably just make the enemy more determined, and this action will provoke malice and bitterness in his heart to such an extent that he may seek to wreak havoc upon Muslims.

So what we hold is that those people who perform these suicide (bombings) have wrongfully committed suicide, and that this necessitates entry into Hell-Fire, and Allaah’s refuge is sought, and that this person is not a martyr (shaheed).”

[Sh. Ibn Uthaymeen رحمه الله ]
Reply 1846
Original post by ILikeMintTeaM8

I knew it :colone: just wanted to confirm.
Original post by Tpos
Article- From a Same-Sex Attracted Muslim: Between Denial of Reality and Distortion of Religion https://t.co/qJaDs65ZSj

I know a brother whose wife apparently claims to prefer women to men, and is bisexual but greatly prefers women. It has really affected that marriage.
The way divorced women are ostracized from our communities is absolutely shameful. Sbsolutely and utterly shameful. These women need support to get married, rather than being shelved.

How many of the wives of Muhammed s.a.w were divorcee's with children?

And the answer is right there.
I feel sorry for the Muslim women in France.
May Allah help them and punish their oppressors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1850
Original post by Tawheed
I know a brother whose wife apparently claims to prefer women to men, and is bisexual but greatly prefers women. It has really affected that marriage.

As the writer says, marriage isn't appropriate for all people
Reply 1851
The thread's been quiet huh, where's everyone at
Original post by Tpos
The thread's been quiet huh, where's everyone at

Idk. Kids are probably starting uni :beard: :biggrin:
Original post by ash92:)

:eyeball:
Assalamu alaykum all.

Hope you're in good health inshaAllah.
Don't forget to recite surah Kahf and make dua in the last hour.

Latest

Trending

Trending