The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chloechurcher
I know!! The exams weren't partcularly difficult in comparison to previous years but you basically need to have aced everything for the A*, think it's a little too high:frown:

I know, j thought the paper was somewhat easier but not to the extent the grade boundaries should be this high
Original post by csutton
It's scary to think about but I don't see why it couldn't happen

Idk, let's hope that we all did really well!

Right guys, since my song went so well last night, I thought I'd complete it!
Hello, I'm dead
I know I said some things
I Now regret I said
It feels horrible
Everything
They say revision is supposed to help but it did nothing for me
Hello?
Can you hear us?
I'm on The Student Room
Dreaming of results day
on horrible
Thursday
I'd forgotten how bad I did when I took those exams
It's obvious
You do not care
But I'm running out of hope
Hello from the student's side.
Can't edexcel see that we tried?
To get good grades
To feel good in ourselves
Do our dream courses
Thought you'd be thoughtful
Hello from the lost side
Can't you see I bloody tried?
To revise so hard, do the A grade work
Now you've shoved it back
In my face and that hurts
Hello, We’re upse
tIt’s so typical of me to be annoyed with you
Not Sorry
I hope you’re full of regret
Did you ever make it out of that brain
Where stupid choices happen
It’s no secret
You’re laughing at us
A Generation that lost their dreams
To get good grades
Do our dream courses
Hello from the lost side
Oooooh it hurts
Oooooh yeah ow
Oooooh Why mate?
Why mate?
To get good grades
Do our dream courses
Hello from the lost side
(edited 7 years ago)

Thank you. Good luck to you too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by csutton
It's scary to think about but I don't see why it couldn't happen

I don't think it would make sense because many say that the current GCSE specification was too easy which is an influencing factor on the spec being changed, so they wouldn't want more people getting higher grades because it would again, show that it's still too easy. Also they don't want too many people resitting due to complications of having to sit an exam of a completely different spec.
(edited 7 years ago)

When you add up the two scores for C on higher it adds up to 79 not 70? Sorry about this I'm just really nervous
I'm screwed for R.E.
HYWHY EDEXCEL
Original post by csutton
Perhaps the grade boundaries are high because of the new GCSE spec being introduced for the year below us. Perhaps the government want this years results looks bad, so next year they can say that this new spec is great because all the results will improve

Posted from TSR Mobile

My chemistry teacher said this would happen, but surely they just set the grade boundaries to what a certain percentage of candidates achieved? So, an A* say might be always set to what the top 10% of students get, an A might be the next 10%, etc.
Original post by Gohan675
When you add up the two scores for C on higher it adds up to 79 not 70? Sorry about this I'm just really nervous

oh right that might be for a different subject maybe because its 70 for a c
Original post by Gohan675

Not to worry. You could get 35 on one, 35 on the other and you'll still get a C. Teacher said so..
wtf why did they make aqa p2 higher than b2 when b2 was a beautiful exam and everyone found p2 hard around the uk.. with that brown dwarf nonsense, we must of underestimated ourselves OR they don't want us to have any A*'s..
but then again, the geography A physical is extremely low, and most people found that quite easy (apart from me)
Original post by xSailorMoonQueen
I feel you with graphics... Which examboard did you do?

I did edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im sure i got my entry requirements for my subjects (B's) but starting to feel upset with how everyone is going to take it when I tell them the results :frown:
Original post by SummerStrawberry
Grade boundaries do tend to rise as specifications become older; teachers get better at teaching them, students have more past papers from which to practise, and there's only so many ways to ask a question (as we saw with one of the chemistry questions which was almost identical to a previous question).

Whilst I doubt that grade boundaries would be deliberately raised for that purpose, I can't say I'd be surprised about it...

This is so true and although it means we may all have worse GCSE's, our A-levels will be better as the specification changes. And a-levels are more important than GCSEs so I would much rather it be this way round.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did aqa double award science igcse (8404) and I can't find it on the grade boundaries document! What should I do? Am I missing something?
Haven't slept in 24 hours, brilliant.
Original post by sahil19
Haven't slept in 24 hours, brilliant.

Well, hopefully sleep will be easier for you tonight then if you're tired.*
Original post by OwlOfFire
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for AQA further maths?

AQA IGCSE Further Maths Grade boundaries: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-I-GCSE-GRADE-BDYS-JUNE-2016.PDF
Original post by mollyxlawson
I did aqa double award science igcse (8404) and I can't find it on the grade boundaries document! What should I do? Am I missing something?

Which exam board?

Latest