The Student Room Group

After seeing the grade boundaries, what do you think your results will look like now?

I'm so disappointed by these grade boundaries :frown: I really don't think I'm going to do anywhere near as good as I wanted to.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Edexcel truly caught me off guard, I'm probably going to miss an A* in Maths by a few marks and the same applies to Edexcel Geography.

However, I think AQA and OCR were super nice this year and the grade boundaries are quite low for both of them so I still have my hopes up for all my other subjects.
Original post by trabajadora
I'm so disappointed by these grade boundaries :frown: I really don't think I'm going to do anywhere near as good as I wanted to.

Same, this literally summed up my thoughts! By last year's grade boundaries I was hoping to get an A* in maths, now I'm looking at more an A or even a B. I'm pretty certain I failed French even though I was predicted to get a B/C. Currently dreading tomorrow.
Original post by Nightly
Edexcel truly caught me off guard, I'm probably going to miss an A* in Maths by a few marks and the same applies to Edexcel Geography.

However, I think AQA and OCR were super nice this year and the grade boundaries are quite low for both of them so I still have my hopes up for all my other subjects.

I think I will miss out on an A* in maths. Some of AQA's boundaries were reasonable, but I still think they are too high compared to previous years.
Reply 4
Original post by OwlOfFire
I think I will miss out on an A* in maths. Some of AQA's boundaries were reasonable, but I still think they are too high compared to previous years.

History seems reasonable enough but French is making me nervous
I feel that all my grades just went out the window, to be honest
no a* for me in maths :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
I feel that all my grades just went out the window, to be honest

What were you hoping for? :frown: I'm sure you'll be fine!
I think people don't realise that it isn't Edexcel who decide the grade boundaries? If the whole cohort taking the exam find the paper really easy then the grade boundaries will average out higher because more people are getting higher marks. All I'm saying is, I don't think Edexcel are here to blame for the grade boundaries being super high. None the less, best of luck to everyone for tomorrow!
Same, this literally summed up my thoughts! By last year's grade boundaries I was hoping to get an A* in maths, now I'm looking at more an A or even a B. I'm pretty certain I failed French even though I was predicted to get a B/C. Currently dreading tomorrow.

Are you on AQA for French? I was predicted an A* but that is definitely not happening! I'll be lucky for a B :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by rafiali99
I think people don't realise that it isn't Edexcel who decide the grade boundaries? If the whole cohort taking the exam find the paper really easy then the grade boundaries will average out higher because more people are getting higher marks. All I'm saying is, I don't think Edexcel are here to blame for the grade boundaries being super high. None the less, best of luck to everyone for tomorrow!

Edexcel senior examiners decide the boundaries... they can put them where they want. We will know tomorrow if the same percent of people achieved A* to last year.
Maths is my only good subject and im so so disappointed i missed out on an A* by just a few marks. Truly disappointing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ad4m
Edexcel senior examiners decide the boundaries... they can put them where they want. We will know tomorrow if the same percent of people achieved A* to last year.

They don't just put them where they want lol, they adjust them to keep roughly the same % of grades allocated whilst also trying to be fair so that the same standard of candidate gets the same grade they deserve.
Original post by romansholiday
Are you on AQA for French? I was predicted an A* but that is definitely not happening! I'll be lucky for a B :frown:

Yeah I'm on AQA french, the grade boundaries have gone up from last year!
Yeah I'm on AQA french, the grade boundaries have gone up from last year!

I know! I thought listening was so hard!
Original post by romansholiday
I know! I thought listening was so hard!

I'm actually dreading to look at my French grade soo much!
Sooo happy with Edexcel IT, only 55/80 for an A*!! Pretty annoyed with some of the others though
Original post by trabajadora
What were you hoping for? :frown: I'm sure you'll be fine!

I was hoping for at least one A but I can say goodbye to that
Original post by bethanyjx
Maths is my only good subject and im so so disappointed i missed out on an A* by just a few marks. Truly disappointing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know you missed A* by just a few marks?
Is this just what you predict
Kind of gutted right now with all the high grade boundaries, I just hope I've done enough to pull it off! I mean maths is really unfair and I know I made a few silly errors. By using last years grade boundaries I would have got an A*, now that might not even get me an A! I just hope I get a B or higher! I summed up my views on all the grade boundaries here: https://annabananastyle.wordpress.com/2016/08/24/gcse-grade-boundaries/

Quick Reply

Latest