The Student Room Group

What can I do with a pharmacy degree

I have been accepted into a pharmacy course at Durham university, I was wondering apart from becoming a pharmacist what other jobs could I potentially enter?
Original post by blessed107
I have been accepted into a pharmacy course at Durham university, I was wondering apart from becoming a pharmacist what other jobs could I potentially enter?

any general grad job

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Princepieman
any general grad job

Posted from TSR Mobile

So could I venture into the field of busines and economics ? If I wanted
So could I venture into the field of busines and economics ? If I wanted

obvs, but not economics. not even bsc econ grads can go into economics unless they have a masters or phd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
obvs, but not economics. not even bsc econ grads can go into economics unless they have a masters or phd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But my course is a masters it's mpharm , and Would I not have a shot at economics bearing in mind I go to a top 5 Russell group uni
But my course is a masters it's mpharm , and Would I not have a shot at economics bearing in mind I go to a top 5 Russell group uni

it doesn't matter what your degree is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
it doesn't matter what your degree is

Posted from TSR Mobile

So what is the main reason I would not be able to enter the field of economics
So what is the main reason I would not be able to enter the field of economics

because you don't have a masters or phd in economics. you can go into finance, any general area of business but not economics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
In order to become an economist- someone who studies, applies or develops economic theories and concepts- you need a Msc or PhD in economics.
Reply 10
Original post by Trapz99
In order to become an economist- someone who studies, applies or develops economic theories and concepts- you need a Msc or PhD in economics.

What about financial analyst ? Or actuary
What about financial analyst ? Or actuary

You can become a financial analyst assuming you have a degree that is semi-quantitative as a minimal requirement.

However, for someone like yourself, you need to focus on starting your degree in Pharmacy never mind thinking 3-4 years ahead.

Best of Luck!
Reply 12
just a little advice. Don't bother with pharmacy take a gap year and apply for economics. from reading your replies i can tell you're into economics more. There's no point of wasting 4 years doing something you don't like for the sake of getting a graduate degree

Quick Reply

Latest