The Student Room Group

Car insurance for 18 year olds

What is a good site to get cheap car insurance?? Every site i search is at least £3000 and the first payment is like £900. Help please :smile:
Reply 1
comparethemarket
confused.com
moneysupermarket
gocompare
Reply 2
You're not going to get much cheaper than that given your age.
At your age it's going to be pretty impossible to get quotes any cheaper
Reply 4
hastings smart miles
Reply 5
This is why you buy a crappy car and insure it for a year, you get your no claims and stuff then a year or 2 later you get your nice car and you pay at least half or less than what you would've
Reply 6
Original post by emblr
hastings smart miles

They are the worst company in the world !!! Be warned not to go for them !
Reply 7
Original post by Altun63
They are the worst company in the world !!! Be warned not to go for them !

i've been with them for 2 years and had no probs, plus it's cheap although i've never had to claim or anything
Reply 8
Original post by emblr
i've been with them for 2 years and had no probs, plus it's cheap although i've never had to claim or anything

When I got mine with them at 18 it only cost me £1,200 ! But I had to have a box and how they regulate the ratings for your driving is a joke !
Reply 9
Original post by Altun63
When I got mine with them at 18 it only cost me £1,200 ! But I had to have a box and how they regulate the ratings for your driving is a joke !

Well it's not if you don't drive like an idiot. They are designed to make sure you drive safe. They are not going to give you a massive discount and let you drive like a knob 😂😂
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by IWMTom
Well it's not if you don't drive like an idiot. They are designed to make sure you drive safe. They are not going to give you a massive discount and let you drive like a knob 😂😂

Well you definitely haven't read the reviews online. They are one of the worst companies on the market.
Reply 11
Original post by Altun63
Well you definitely haven't read the reviews online. They are one of the worst companies on the market.

Guarantee 99.9% of those reviews are from disgruntled idiots who drove like a maniac and didn't realise their premiums would shoot up.
Reply 12
Original post by IWMTom
Guarantee 99.9% of those reviews are from disgruntled idiots who drove like a maniac and didn't realise their premiums would shoot up.

Yeah could be but everyone has different experiences.
Reply 13
Original post by Altun63
Yeah could be but everyone has different experiences.

Black Box insurance is perfect for anyone who is going to stick to the rules by the book, anything more than that and you'll find it's not worth it. It's morons who don't realise that's how it works that give the insurance a bad name.
Original post by zayn008
This is why you buy a crappy car and insure it for a year, you get your no claims and stuff then a year or 2 later you get your nice car and you pay at least half or less than what you would've

I agree.
Try companies like aviva, churchill and direct like as well as they arent on comparison sites.
Check out all the comparison sites as well.

Quick Reply

Latest