The Student Room Group

2016 Edexcel Economics A: Paper 1 Intro To Markets And Market Failure (May 16th)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by niamh.savill
this makes me so happy I had no idea in my mind about XED when I was writing my answer.. I wrote all about subsidies.. but the rest of my class picked up on XED... i'm not sure.. what a strange exam..

It might be.. if it is you'll still pick up at least 5-6 marks for talking about subsidies so it aint no biggie, as long as your answers banged in section a (around 15-16 marks) and your 20 marker was alright - there are no complaints.
Original post by Dnkz7
It might be.. if it is you'll still pick up at least 5-6 marks for talking about subsidies so it aint no biggie, as long as your answers banged in section a (around 15-16 marks) and your 20 marker was alright - there are no complaints.

i hate to big myself up but my price mechanism answer absolutely slayed some edexcel ass, and my 20 mark is prob ok I just didn't conclude it.. but evaluated it nevertheless.
GOOD LUCK !! :smile:
Reply 462
Original post by niamh.savill
i hate to big myself up but my price mechanism answer absolutely slayed some edexcel ass, and my 20 mark is prob ok I just didn't conclude it.. but evaluated it nevertheless.
GOOD LUCK !! :smile:

I didnt have that much time to do the price mechanism, all i did was define it and list what the three instruments of it were. it was either that or the 20 marks and even then i didnt conclude it.
Did anyone manage to get the paper out of the exam hall??? Could you post it pls so our teacher can go over it with us???
[QUOTE=boopanda;64960583]Did anyone manage to get the paper out of the exam hall??? Could you post it pls so our teacher can go over it with us???

😂😂 how are you suppose to get the paper out of the exam hall??
Has anyone created a mark scheme for this exam yet?
Original post by thinkecon
Hey, I self-studied my AS in Economics last year and got 100%.

Now have an offer to read economics at Cambridge and wanted to help other students who might need help with their AS (helps me too because I need to revise AS content because it repeats at A2).

I've been helping a lot of students out with the new spec, here are some resources I've made/found:

1. Mind maps with all definitions + evaluation points (attached).

2. Free online revision course (pretty much just used this to get 100%): www.uplearn.co.uk

3. Edexcel detailed syllabus (page 20 on):

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co..._Guide_new.pdf

4. I also compiled the past papers for Edexcel (before 2015) here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...W8&usp=sharing

I also have model answers to all the past paper questions.

Literally any questions and I'm happy to provide a detailed answer to assist :smile:

PS: Mods, please delete the other thread with same title in Exam Study Help - thanks!

Hi , I am Ahnaf , currently in AS and will be giving my Economics unit 2 under IAL Edexcel. Can you please tell me what do I discuss in questions like
"With reference to the information provided, discuss the case for an increase in the rate of interest in Taiwan in September 2014."?This question in from Economics IAL January 2016 Q:10)d) THANKS!
Original post by ahnafhaque
Hi , I am Ahnaf , currently in AS and will be giving my Economics unit 2 under IAL Edexcel. Can you please tell me what do I discuss in questions like
"With reference to the information provided, discuss the case for an increase in the rate of interest in Taiwan in September 2014."?This question in from Economics IAL January 2016 Q:10)d) THANKS!

Hi Ahnaf, i was taught that when given a question with "discuss" "to what extent" "asses" etc that a good solid analysis is required along with a solid evaluation. i'd start by defining interest, drawing a diagram to help with analysis on the effect of an increase on the economy i.e AD shifting in. I'd then analyse further by talking about the affects on consumers, producer, government and the economy as a whole and try to link this to any information provided for those application marks (AO2). For evaluation i'd then look into things that may not allow interest rates to increase as stated. For example time lag, other things not equal, the multiplier etc. depending on the number of marks allocated should help with how detailed your analysis and evaluation should be. Hope this helped and good luck!!
hey what did everyone get? and in UMS marks?
Original post by chartreux5
hey what did everyone get? and in UMS marks?

The results are in raw marks. /160
Yeah I was wondering cause my results sheet doesn't show my raw mark and had to contact my school. How did you get your raw marks?
Original post by AsmaaMahamud97
The results are in raw marks. /160
I got 129/160 which equates to an A. I'm pretty happy with my result, even though I missed out a few small mark questions.
How did you get your raw mark??? Was it on your results paper ?
Original post by Diastal
I got 129/160 which equates to an A. I'm pretty happy with my result, even though I missed out a few small mark questions.
Original post by chartreux5
Yeah I was wondering cause my results sheet doesn't show my raw mark and had to contact my school. How did you get your raw marks?

Reformed ASs are all in raw marks as far as I know. The grade boundaries have no UMS conversion thingies.
Got 135 = A 😎

Now have an offer to read economics at Cambridge and wanted to help other students who might need help with their AS (helps me too because I need to revise AS content because it repeats at A2).

I've been helping a lot of students out with the new spec, here are some resources I've made/found:

2. Free online revision course (pretty much just used this to get 100%): www.uplearn.co.uk

Literally any questions and I'm happy to provide a detailed answer to assist :smile:

PS: Mods, please delete the other thread with same title in Exam Study Help - thanks!

What do you think will come up in the A2 economics exam and how are you planning on revising for the A2 economics exams? :smile:
hey i cant see mindmaps with definition. it would really help if you could provide mindmaps.
thanks
Original post by Clarabee99
Hellooo! I tried using the uplearn page but when i get to the specification part I am not able to choose from any of the options as it says it is sold out. What does this mean?

For Up learn, If you just go choose subject, economics then edexcel A, and then select theme 1 or 3 it will work and it doesnt say sold out. I just bought it yesterday and it worked for me.

hi what was the data response in this paper?

hey any predictions for this years paper?? june 2017 edexcel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending