The Student Room Group

Scared for my Maths GCSE????

Okay, I know that there isn't anything that I can do about it now, but I just had a look at the grade boundaries for this years GCSE's that have been released and to get a C you need 70 marks out of 200.

I really don't think that I've got it!

Does anybody know the strictest Maths grade boundaries so far?
Original post by MissBeautyUK
Okay, I know that there isn't anything that I can do about it now, but I just had a look at the grade boundaries for this years GCSE's that have been released and to get a C you need 70 marks out of 200.

I really don't think that I've got it!

Does anybody know the strictest Maths grade boundaries so far?

You might have done a lot better than you think. Have you looked at unofficial mark schemes? If worst comes to worst, you can always retake :smile:
Original post by trabajadora
You might have done a lot better than you think. Have you looked at unofficial mark schemes? If worst comes to worst, you can always retake :smile:

From what iv heard your better off, just offing your self in a bathroom than retake a gcse its most nearly always confidence destroying and employers and collages don't like retakes
Original post by DownWithGove
From what iv heard your better off, just offing your self in a bathroom than retake a gcse its most nearly always confidence destroying and employers and collages don't like retakes

Do employers need to know whether you did a retake...? I mean, they'd be able to see by looking at the year you took it, but would they really care that much? They don't care about GCSEs much so long as you have English and Maths, right, once you're educated past GCSE level?
Reply 4
Last year i remember I was adamant i had gotten no more then 110 marks / 200 in maths. Somehow got an A! So i did 15+ Marks better then i had thought! You never know :smile: Goodluck
Reply 5
Original post by Rigby16
Last year i remember I was adamant i had gotten no more then 110 marks / 200 in maths. Somehow got an A! So i did 15+ Marks better then i had thought! You never know :smile: Goodluck

Did unofficial mark schemes make you think you got no more than 110?
Reply 6
Original post by Rajive
Did unofficial mark schemes make you think you got no more than 110?

It was mainly the teacher's annotated version of the exam, she answered all the questions and i counted up marks based on if i got the answer and the same workings out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest