The Student Room Group

AS qualification but carrying onto A-Level independently - typing into UCAS

Hi,

So I completed AS Further Mathematics qualification in College this year. I have now left college and intend to complete A2 Further Mathematics for the full A-Level independently.

How will I put this into the Education section of UCAS? Should I write AS Further Mathematics as a qualification from my College, but where do I write that I'm independently studying A2 Further Mathematics?

Or do I write it as an A-Level, with some modules pending, even though my college is not teaching me A2 FM?

Thanks in advance, any time you spend is hugely appreciated.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JLegion
Hi,

So I completed AS Further Mathematics qualification in College this year. I have now left college and intend to complete A2 Further Mathematics for the full A-Level independently.

How will I put this into the Education section of UCAS? Should I write AS Further Mathematics as a qualification from my College, but where do I write that I'm independently studying A2 Further Mathematics?

Or do I write it as an A-Level, with some modules pending, even though my college is not teaching me A2 FM?

Thanks in advance, any time you spend is hugely appreciated.

For your independent A level you'll need to be registered with an exam centre. That exam centre needs to be listed as part time for the months of the exams/results and your FM A level listed against that exam centre.

Your completed AS levels need to be listed against your college.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
For your independent A level you'll need to be registered with an exam centre. That exam centre needs to be listed as part time for the months of the exams/results and your FM A level listed against that exam centre.

Your completed AS levels need to be listed against your college.

Hi, thank you for the reply.

The college is also going to be my exam centre, so I just list FM as an A-level with A2 grades pending?
Original post by JLegion
Hi, thank you for the reply.

The college is also going to be my exam centre, so I just list FM as an A-level with A2 grades pending?

I'd see if UCAS will allow you to list it twice - once with full time attendance for your taught A levels and once as part time for your self taught A level.

If UCAS gets grumpy and says you can't list the same exam centre twice for the same period of time then put the FM against your full time college and ask your referee to make it clear you're self teaching in your reference

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending