The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Accomodation Drama

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Charliefen
So I know this isn't to do specifically with Parkwood, however I just wondered how far down was it on your list of preferences? I have a friend who applied late through clearing and just wondered who has received their first choice so far? I have received and accepted my offer, but mine isn't very indicative of everyone else's as I have autism and severe anxiety requiring medication, and so I was guaranteed my first choice for accommodation anyway (large ensuite in Becket Court).

It wasn't on my list atall. Parkwood does seem to be where they're sending everyone that asked for overbooked accomodation. As far as I can tell a lot of people got what they wanted, but Turing and Keynes filled up hella fast, ask for them and chances are you end up in Parkwood
Glad you got your accommodation though!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by rhiannon277
I know what you mean about boarding school. The girl who left my brother's flat left precisely because she didn't want to walk so they will understand! My brother also had a friend in Turing and he wasn't sure it was worth the money. Mind you he had rubbish flat mates. Whatever happens I hope you have a great year :smile:

Thank you! I've returned to facebook, found the group for Parkwood and the court and house I've been offered, and have had a bit of a chat and a laugh, so I'm feeling a bit less depressed about the whole thing. It's not obviously not what I would have chosen, but there's a few of us in the same boat, I'm sure we'll make the most of it together
How is everyone elses accommodation coming on? I hope other people in the same situation are feeling a bit cheerier too
Reply 22
Original post by francescacwls
Thank you! I've returned to facebook, found the group for Parkwood and the court and house I've been offered, and have had a bit of a chat and a laugh, so I'm feeling a bit less depressed about the whole thing. It's not obviously not what I would have chosen, but there's a few of us in the same boat, I'm sure we'll make the most of it together
How is everyone elses accommodation coming on? I hope other people in the same situation are feeling a bit cheerier too

Have you found the group for Turing? :|
Original post by rile06
Have you found the group for Turing? :|

Had a rummage for ya, there you go:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/139624796467049/
Reply 24
Had a rummage for ya, there you go:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/139624796467049/

Ah, thanks a lot! :smile:
Original post by rile06
Ah, thanks a lot! :smile:

No probs! I'm so jelly though haha, I'm so making friends in Turing :P
Reply 26
I got offered Lypeatt Court, 6 bed house (arghhh). Haha, you are literally me! I'm Googleing away, but we all know I have no options really. Shitshitshit. It's so... cut off from everything. Rahh anyway, I'm rambling, but I'm so stressed now. Such a lot of money to spend on something I'm this upset about.

I'm in literally the same position, same court as well. Didn't realise how inconvenient it would actually be until it would be until it showed up as the offered accommodation :frown: I visited it a month or so before exams and while it was a nice place campus just seemed way easier, especially as in a house you never know what kind of roommates you'll get. Oh well, best of luck for the both of us i guess!
Original post by KCrowe97
I'm in literally the same position, same court as well. Didn't realise how inconvenient it would actually be until it would be until it showed up as the offered accommodation :frown: I visited it a month or so before exams and while it was a nice place campus just seemed way easier, especially as in a house you never know what kind of roommates you'll get. Oh well, best of luck for the both of us i guess!

All very, very true... :frown:
I accepted mine this morning, no choice really, and at least one of my housemates seems normal enough haha. Fingers crossed for both of us!
Are you in the court fb group? Maybe you'll feel a bit reassured (could go either way, ngl :tongue: )
https://www.facebook.com/groups/315401532135557/
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 28
All very, very true... :frown:
I accepted mine this morning, no choice really, and at least one of my housemates seems normal enough haha. Fingers crossed for both of us!
Are you in the court fb group? Maybe you'll feel a bit reassured (could go either way, ngl :tongue: )
https://www.facebook.com/groups/315401532135557/

Yeah haha I'm trying my best to be positive about it! No I haven't, haven't been on fb in forever so i thought I'd search for fellow applicants here but I'll definitely join (providing I can remember my password :tongue:) so thanks! I'm Kyle btw :smile:
Yeah haha I'm trying my best to be positive about it! No I haven't, haven't been on fb in forever so i thought I'd search for fellow applicants here but I'll definitely join (providing I can remember my password :tongue:) so thanks! I'm Kyle btw :smile:

At the moment i'm just repeating to myself : "think how toned your legs will be" :wink:
Same, I had to make a new account, but I'm glad I did. No problem man, I'm Francesca (duh), if you join the group my fb name is Frankie :smile:
Reply 30
At the moment i'm just repeating to myself : "think how toned your legs will be" :wink:
Same, I had to make a new account, but I'm glad I did. No problem man, I'm Francesca (duh), if you join the group my fb name is Frankie :smile:

Haha that's a very good way of looking at it! Yeah will do! Thanks for the heads up and I look forward to meeting you in Canterbury, Francesca! At least I know I have someone to complain with about those long walks, even if they do give us very healthy legs :wink:
Haha that's a very good way of looking at it! Yeah will do! Thanks for the heads up and I look forward to meeting you in Canterbury, Francesca! At least I know I have someone to complain with about those long walks, even if they do give us very healthy legs :wink:

Right back atcha! Group disappointment creates such solidarity :tongue: But seriously, It's nice to get to know a few names and faces,it makes everything seem bright and exciting again, right!
Don't forget to add yourself to the poll to find your housemates :smile: See you soooon
Hi Sabrina, Im a student at Kent (going into my third year) and I am advertising my room in a shared house. The house is with second and third years, which you may not want if you are after a freshers house, but the room is great and spacious and the whole property has been fully refurbished. I understand your reservations about Parkwood it is quite expensive for what it is. Let me know if you're interested and PM me.

hope your house hunt goes well!

Abbie

Original post by sabrina1697
Hey! I am in the exact same situation as you. Kinda upset, cause Parkwood wasn't even in my option? Even more upset cause I didn't get en-suite which was what I stated as my preferences and that I wanted to be close to the central of campus. I don't know what to do.. But if I don't accept it I'll have to look for it elsewhere off campus which isn't something I can do as well since I'm an international student, it isn't easy for me. Also, I got placed in a house.. Does this mean I might have to share a room as well?
Original post by AbbieMacGee
Hi Sabrina, Im a student at Kent (going into my third year) and I am advertising my room in a shared house. The house is with second and third years, which you may not want if you are after a freshers house, but the room is great and spacious and the whole property has been fully refurbished. I understand your reservations about Parkwood it is quite expensive for what it is. Let me know if you're interested and PM me.

hope your house hunt goes well!

Abbie

Only thing spam-ier comes in a tin :P Dude

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending