The Student Room Group

Does everyone know what A-levels they're gonna pick?

For tomorrow.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maths, Chemistry, Biology and maybe Physics
Reply 2
Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology.
Original post by ukila
For tomorrow.

English Literature, History, Politics and either French or Drama
Reply 4
Biology, chemistry geography and maths :smile:
Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Further Maths
Original post by ukila
For tomorrow.
Do you know yours?
Original post by hattie graham
French or Drama
What are you leaning towards? Or does it depend on grades?
Original post by 04MR17
Do you know yours?What are you leaning towards? Or does it depend on grades?

Well, I did higher french and got an A, however, I absolutely hated it. On the other hand, I am really interested in Drama and like the sound of the course.
Well, I did higher french and got an A, however, I absolutely hated it. On the other hand, I am really interested in Drama and like the sound of the course.
That sounds like you didn't do it @ KS4? Also, what did you hate about French?
Original post by 04MR17
That sounds like you didn't do it @ KS4? Also, what did you hate about French?

I didn't study drama in S4 yes. I don't know, I just really didn't enjoy it.
I didn't study drama in S4 yes. I don't know, I just really didn't enjoy it.
Have you spoken to your potential future Drama teachers? Are you aware that it's nothing like KS3 drama? What was it that you didn't enjoy? The lessons? If so, was that because of the class? Or the teacher? Or is it simply the study of the subject itself which you didn't enjoy?
Original post by L0st45
Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology.

That's the same as what I'm doing!! Hopefully it's not too bad :smile:
Reply 12
Economics, History, Computer science
Reply 13
Original post by chloecrazy
That's the same as what I'm doing!! Hopefully it's not too bad :smile:

Fingers crossed! What exam boards are you on for each subject?
Original post by L0st45
Fingers crossed! What exam boards are you on for each subject?

Edexcel for chemistry, OCR for biology, AQA for psychology and I can't remember for maths, but I'm pretty sure it isn't edexcel!
How about you?
Original post by RS012

if you plan on taking economics or computer science at uni, i advise you take maths as well or instead of history
Original post by 04MR17
Have you spoken to your potential future Drama teachers? Are you aware that it's nothing like KS3 drama? What was it that you didn't enjoy? The lessons? If so, was that because of the class? Or the teacher? Or is it simply the study of the subject itself which you didn't enjoy?

Yes, I have spoken to teachers and I am going to do a trial run of both classes at the beginning of the year. As to your questions. I loved both my class and the teacher last year, the only thing preventing it from being a really enjoyable class was my dislike of the subject itself.
Reply 17
Original post by RS012

I'm doing pretty similar subjects to you :smile:

Computer Science (AQA)
History (AQA)
Business Studies (AQA)
Reply 18
Original post by chloecrazy
Edexcel for chemistry, OCR for biology, AQA for psychology and I can't remember for maths, but I'm pretty sure it isn't edexcel!
How about you?

Ah, I'm on Edexcel for biology, OCR B for chemistry, Edexcel (GRR!) for maths and AQA for psychology as well!
Yes, I have spoken to teachers and I am going to do a trial run of both classes at the beginning of the year. As to your questions. I loved both my class and the teacher last year, the only thing preventing it from being a really enjoyable class was my dislike of the subject itself.
Then in that case I would say that French probably wouldn't be right for you. I like the trial idea, see if that works for Drama. But you should think of a back-up plan if you don't like either...

Quick Reply

Latest