The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Forensic Science at DMU

Hi. I'd like to know if anyone is going to be studying Forensic science from September 2016?
Original post by rkoria
Hi. I'd like to know if anyone is going to be studying Forensic science from September 2016?

Hi, I am, I need to sort accommodation out though, where are you staying?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by rkoria

Hey can you private message me on here your real name etc so I can add you on facebook so we can try and get a group of people who are on the course so we can get to know each other a little beforehand
Original post by rkoria

I've actually now made a page for the course if you and anybody else that is also enrolling on forensic science at DMU in September would like to join/like it, the link is:
https://www.facebook.com/dmuforensicscience2016
this may sound random but I have to ask bc i want to do forensic science as well......
1)did you pick triple science for GCSEs?
2)can I still do forensic science with additional science?

thx:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by tamil fever
this may sound random but I have to ask bc i want to do forensic science as well......1)did you pick triple science for GCSEs?2)can I still do forensic science with additional science?thx:smile:
Hi! Are you currently doing GCSE's? I don't think it necessarily matters if you do additional or triple science. I, myself, did additional science, not triple, and got A's in both my core science and additional. I think it matters more on what you pick when completing A-Levels. So universities are more likely to take you on if you have science A-levels such as chemistry or biology - although an A-level science is very hard work so only do it if you can. Even if you do a BTEC make sure it is science based and get the best grade you can. Let me know if you have any more questions and ill try answer them the best I can. Good Luck!
Original post by rkoria
Hi! Are you currently doing GCSE's? I don't think it necessarily matters if you do additional or triple science. I, myself, did additional science, not triple, and got A's in both my core science and additional. I think it matters more on what you pick when completing A-Levels. So universities are more likely to take you on if you have science A-levels such as chemistry or biology - although an A-level science is very hard work so only do it if you can. Even if you do a BTEC make sure it is science based and get the best grade you can. Let me know if you have any more questions and ill try answer them the best I can. Good Luck!

so what did you pick in alevels?Did you pick triple or additional?
And thank you so much for your help:smile:
Reply 7
so what did you pick in alevels?Did you pick triple or additional?
And thank you so much for your help:smile:

Yes I did additional science. Not triple. But try to get the best grade you can in GCSE so you can get into a science A-Level if you want to do a forensic science in the future. For A-levels I did Maths, Chemistry and forensic science. It's okay. If you need anymore help I'll try to help you as much as I can. 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rkoria
Yes I did additional science. Not triple. But try to get the best grade you can in GCSE so you can get into a science A-Level if you want to do a forensic science in the future. For A-levels I did Maths, Chemistry and forensic science. It's okay. If you need anymore help I'll try to help you as much as I can. 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh..ok..so you dont need to do biology for forensic science?
and my school doesn't have FS so what subjects shall i pick :frown:
and sorry if am asking to much:smile:
Reply 9
oh..ok..so you dont need to do biology for forensic science?
and my school doesn't have FS so what subjects shall i pick :frown:
and sorry if am asking to much:smile:

Its more about what science subjects do you enjoy than certain subjects needed for forensic science. Like I preferred to do chemistry because I enjoy it better. I'm not a biology person. But it's definitely your choice in what you find more interesting, whether its chemistry or biology or physics. Maths does interlock with chemistry and biology (or so people tell me). I would recommend picking subjects which you would enjoy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rkoria
Its more about what science subjects do you enjoy than certain subjects needed for forensic science. Like I preferred to do chemistry because I enjoy it better. I'm not a biology person. But it's definitely your choice in what you find more interesting, whether its chemistry or biology or physics. Maths does interlock with chemistry and biology (or so people tell me). I would recommend picking subjects which you would enjoy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you so much for ur help:smile:
Reply 11
Hey can i ask you how your time is/was doing that course? I'm interested in doing it at uni
Original post by daniomo
Hey can i ask you how your time is/was doing that course? I'm interested in doing it at uni

It's a really good course, the teaching staff are amazing and the content is really interesting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending