The Student Room Group

The Scottish Football Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AndrewSCO
Lol no, support Rangers, which I why I wanted Celtic to lose :frown:

But they didn't, sigh

part of my family support hearts so I always root for them. :yep:
Plus we support Everton and we had a freindly with them once which was :cool:
Aren't rangers the ones who were demoted and then really quickly got back to the Prem :lol:

Spoiler

Reply 21
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
part of my family support hearts so I always root for them. :yep:
Plus we support Everton and we had a freindly with them once which was :cool:
Aren't rangers the ones who were demoted and then really quickly got back to the Prem :lol:

Spoiler

Oooh really
Yeah money problems. We went up 3 leagues in 4 seasons but it should have been done in 3 seasons.

Rangers and Celtic, historically, both dominate every single year. Because Rangers have been away Celtic have won the last 5 in a row. Now Rangers are back we're looking to even it up a little again :wink:
Oooh really
Yeah money problems. We went up 3 leagues in 4 seasons but it should have been done in 3 seasons.
Rangers and Celtic, historically, both dominate every single year. Because Rangers have been away Celtic have won the last 5 in a row. Now Rangers are back we're looking to even it up a little again :wink:

ah! I remember now!
ooh rivalry, I like it :tongue: well good luck to your side and may the odds be for ever in your favour :colone:

Spoiler

Reply 23
Rangers progressed to the League Cup quarter finals last night. Beat Peterhead 5-0. Clint Hill scored 2 lol, along with Kranjcar, Dodoo and an OG

Premiership teams Hamilton, Partick and Inverness were knocked out by lower league teams and Hibs were knocked out by QOTS.

Celtic play Motherwell tonight
Reply 24
Any idea who the likeliest top Scot Prem scorer is from what you've seen so far? What's Waghorns chances? Thx
Reply 25
Original post by moggis
Any idea who the likeliest top Scot Prem scorer is from what you've seen so far? What's Waghorns chances? Thx

Depends how bad Waghorn's injury is, Rangers are also looking for a new striker.

However at this stage I'd put your money on Griffiths
Reply 26
Depends how bad Waghorn's injury is, Rangers are also looking for a new striker.

However at this stage I'd put your money on Griffiths

Wagho5n is injured!!!? Didn't know.

I saw that his odds had gone out to 8-1 following the Hamilton game but it didn't occur to me he might be injured.

It's funny because I have a hard time convincing people that betting on long term markets isn't that hard to do and situations like this are one reason.

Last season Cifti or whatever his name is got injured preseason and I just started betting Griffiths at 5-1.

Of course there were still risks but 5-1 for effectively the main Celtic striker at that time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
Er, I hope my tone didn't make it seem like Waghorns injury was good news for me.

Anyway if he's still 8-1 it can't be that bad. No,the fact that Rangers are after a new striker was the main thing:smile:
Reply 28
Original post by moggis
Er, I hope my tone didn't make it seem like Waghorns injury was good news for me.

Anyway if he's still 8-1 it can't be that bad. No,the fact that Rangers are after a new striker was the main thing:smile:

Yeah he pulled a hamstring against Hamilton. Probably find out how bad it is today.

And I'm not sure what to expect of a new striker, we really are scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Even with that, we'd have Waghorn, Dodoo, Miller and the new striker so have plenty of options. Celtic have Griffiths and Dembele as the two main men. I think Griffiths is the safest bet definitely
The Friends of Attilla have nae chunce of 2nd, and will hopefully go bankrupt again at the rate they are spending, the Fat Cats of Celtic will
attempt to buy everything again, but the ridiculous weight of expectation will make them look like failures anyway.

Dundee Utd AKA the second most supported team in Dundee will get relegated again, Hibs will JUST miss out on promotion.

The mighty Dons will win something again when I'm safely out of the country.

Everything else will be dull beyond belief.

Any questions??
Reply 30
Rude awakening for the Zombs last week! Great win for Celtic away at hearts though. Good to see Jamie Walker retrospectively punished for his blatant cheating. Immediate impact from Sinclair, he was superb in the week against Motherwell as was Rogic. Aberdeen off to an iffy start.
Reply 31
Ranger get their first win of the season, 2-1 away to Dundee. Poor performance and a shite game though. But 3 points
Reply 32
Another superb attacking performance from the Champions. Would be nice if we could cut out these lapses in concentration everytime we go a few goals up though. It'll cost us in the Champions League. Let down my bet aswell :frown:. Sevco, Aberdeen, Hearts all winning. Was very impressed with Hearts, strolled it against ICT. Top 4 already decided imo. Just a matter of in what order the aforementioned teams will finish behind Celtic.
Why hasn't Roberts been playing recently? Saw he was on the bench last night and wasn't in any squads for a while?
Reply 34
Original post by richpanda
Why hasn't Roberts been playing recently? Saw he was on the bench last night and wasn't in any squads for a while?

Think he's just come back from an injury
Think he's just come back from an injury

Ah okay. Are you scottish? If so, what do you think about the national team squad?
Reply 36
Ah okay. Are you scottish? If so, what do you think about the national team squad?

Yuppp. Strachan seemed to be doing a great job at first but seem to have just fell back into old ways. I think he'll get this last qualifying campaign and if he fails again he'll probably be replaced.

To be fair we just don't have the players. Hardly any Premier League players in the team anymore. Strachan is not even picking Ross McCormack for the squad either which is bizarre.
Yuppp. Strachan seemed to be doing a great job at first but seem to have just fell back into old ways. I think he'll get this last qualifying campaign and if he fails again he'll probably be replaced.

To be fair we just don't have the players. Hardly any Premier League players in the team anymore. Strachan is not even picking Ross McCormack for the squad either which is bizarre.

Tbf I think you'd probably beat Northern Ireland or the Republic the majority of the time. I just don't see many new players breaking through like I do with England- what happened to Allan, Christie, etc?
Reply 38
Tbf I think you'd probably beat Northern Ireland or the Republic the majority of the time. I just don't see many new players breaking through like I do with England- what happened to Allan, Christie, etc?

I wouldn't bet on it! Griffiths hasn't really had a run in the national team yet, see how he does on his current form. Naismith is still probably our best player, Rhodes continues to be overlooked as well.

Allan and Christie are both rotting on Celtic's bench most of the time.

Hopefully get to see Barrie McKay make a few appearances. I'm sure as Rangers continue to establish themselves in the top flight and he plays well he'll get his shot. He's in the squad for the next game.
Reply 39
Might as well post an update while we're here

Celtic through to Champions League despite losing the 2nd leg last night.

Rangers signed striker Joe Garner from Preston for £1.5m after Joleon Lescott deal fell through last minute.

Rangers currently top of the league but Celtic have a game in hand. Rangers play on Friday to extend that lead again.

Celtic signed GK Dorus De Vries.

Rangers pursuing a CB still, Philippe Senderos is training with an eye on a contract.

Quick Reply

Latest