The Student Room Group

Remarks

I do edexcel biology. I got 263/300 UMS in A2. Need 7 more UMS for the A*, remarked both unit 4 + unit 5 and nothing changed. Got 42 UMS (B) in the coursework. Should I remark the coursework? It needs to go up by 6 marks for me to get the 7 UMS. What do you guys think?
Original post by Thestudentofthe
I do edexcel biology. I got 263/300 UMS in A2. Need 7 more UMS for the A*, remarked both unit 4 + unit 5 and nothing changed. Got 42 UMS (B) in the coursework. Should I remark the coursework? It needs to go up by 6 marks for me to get the 7 UMS. What do you guys think?

You don't have that option. Only your teacher can request this and it would require the other candidates' work to be remarked too.
Reply 2
It is only possible if your school went down the exam board marked coursework route. If the work was marked by your teacher and then the centre's marking was externally moderated then you cannot ask for a re-mark on your own.
Original post by Compost
It is only possible if your school went down the exam board marked coursework route. If the work was marked by your teacher and then the centre's marking was externally moderated then you cannot ask for a re-mark on your own.

I believe my school got it externally marked. So if I have the option, do you think I should? It won't matter for the course because I got into my firm, but I want to get the A* as it was my personal goal. What do you think?
Reply 4
Original post by Thestudentofthe
I believe my school got it externally marked. So if I have the option, do you think I should? It won't matter for the course because I got into my firm, but I want to get the A* as it was my personal goal. What do you think?

Talk to your Biology teacher.

Quick Reply

Latest