The Student Room Group

Worked so hard for GCSES but know I failed.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by rdlewiss
yeah, you're right. I guess whatever happens now, just happens. Thank you so much! I hope so. If you're getting your results tomorrow then I wish you so much good luck! xo

No problem :smile: & thank you, I am getting results tomorrow and I hope you get what you want :h: xo
I'm *****ing myself too so don't worry 🙈😔😁 I'm sure you've done amazing 😜
I love that there's so many people in the same situation and it's not just me.. it takes a little stress off my shoulder. Thank you so much and I hope so too! Good luck with your results, I hope you get the grades you want, if not, higher! :smile: x

Thank you, I'm so stressed about my results! It's nice to know that other people are just as worried as me. xx
Reply 23
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I'm *****ing myself too so don't worry 🙈😔😁 I'm sure you've done amazing 😜

Thank you so much! I'm sure you've done amazing too, good luck! xx
Original post by OwlOfFire
Don't worry about it too much, just speak to your parents and explain to them the situation so it helps. I told my parents to lower their expectations after seeing the grade boundaries, I think we are all in the same situation when it comes to the ridiculously high boundaries. Good luck with your results and I hope the hard work pays off!

I did the same thing :colondollar:

OP, I feel the exactly the same way as you. I know it's hard, but just try and keep your mind off it tonight. You've tried your best and that's all anyone could ask for. I'm sure you've done a lot better than you think and I bet you'll be on here this time tomorrow saying you got a string of A's and A*s :wink:

Good luck!
Reply 25
Original post by trabajadora

OP, I feel the exactly the same way as you. I know it's hard, but just try and keep your mind off it tonight. You've tried your best and that's all anyone could ask for. I'm sure you've done a lot better than you think and I bet you'll be on here this time tomorrow saying you got a string of A's and A*s :wink:

Good luck!

Ha! I wish for A's and A*'s. Thank you so much for the advice. I'm sure you've done really amazing, good luck to you too! xo
Original post by trabajadora

Good luck!

Thank you, good luck with your results. I think once I have my results I will not look at this thread, otherwise it will be a 'what could of been' moment:wink:
Thank you so much! I'm sure you've done amazing too, good luck! xx

Anytime! ☺️ And I hope so! & thank you, I'll need it haha 😂
You'll be fine, people say the same thing every year. Grade boundaries ensure you get the grades you deserve most of the time and keep everything fair
Reply 29
Original post by HopelessMedic
You'll be fine, people say the same thing every year. Grade boundaries ensure you get the grades you deserve most of the time and keep everything fair

Hopefully this comes through in my grades tomorrow.. Thank you! x
Well stop thinking this until you actually get your results, a lot of people think they did **** then end up with good grades.
Reply 31
Original post by Inexorably
Well stop thinking this until you actually get your results, a lot of people think they did **** then end up with good grades.

Did that happen to you?
I worked so so so hard for my GCSES for around 3 months and I used to stay back so late to revise and every weekend id be at my desk from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed. I thought I did OK. But now, looking at the grade boundaries I'm so so heartbroken. I didn't think this year's exams were that simple tbh and were kind of harder than previous years. I was hoping for A's&B's but I just know that's definitely not going to happen anymore. I don't know what to do, I don't want my parents thinking I haven't worked hard enough because I don't get good grades because I've worked as hard as I could yet they won't see that in my grades. I hate these grade boundaries and I just can't understand how all my hard work is literally gone out of the window now. They say hard work pays off but now I know that's not true..

come back tomorrow and post how well you did
Good luck to all those getting results tomorrow. I know what it feels like! I got mine last year and I got grades that I thought I would never get but I worked my socks off for those. Btw OP, hard work does pay off!!
Reply 34
Original post by Workangel_24
Good luck to all those getting results tomorrow. I know what it feels like! I got mine last year and I got grades that I thought I would never get but I worked my socks off for those. Btw OP, hard work does pay off!!

Did you have second thoughts after seeing grade boundaries?
Reply 35
Original post by Workangel_24

It's nice hearing stories of people who have been in the same position.. calms my nerves down a bit. I really hope my hard work pays off & thank you! xx
Everything about this is me too. I'm predicted B's and C's and I was determined to show them that I can do better than that and reach my full potential. I worked so so hard (even though a part of me tells me I could've worked harder, I don't think I could have really..) and yet these grade boundaries are going to pull me back from wanting A's and B's.
Reply 37
Original post by twhiddy
Everything about this is me too. I'm predicted B's and C's and I was determined to show them that I can do better than that and reach my full potential. I worked so so hard (even though a part of me tells me I could've worked harder, I don't think I could have really..) and yet these grade boundaries are going to pull me back from wanting A's and B's.

This is literally me! I keep thinking I should've worked harder but I know that's impossible. I hate that they get to determine how capable we are but I really hope you get the grades you want. Nothing sucks more than working hard and not having it pay off. The best of luck for tomorrow! xox
Original post by Theworriedbanana
I am in exactly the same position as you! Apparently, a reason for high boundaries was because one of the papers were leaked and they so didnt want everyone to get high grades by cheating! I think this unfair if this is true because I worked hard like you! I told my mum and she said instead of getting upset about the GCSE boundaries focus on your next step (which for me is a levels) If a grade feels really wrong then ask for a remark or retake if you want. There's not much we can do about the ridiculously high grade boundaries :frown: really sad. Don't worry I wanted to get As and Bs an I feel your pain.

wait do you know what papers were leaked
relax this years test was designed make a large majority fail so the public school c*nts all get 9's while the rest of the country lose marks because of how devalued they have become.

Quick Reply

Latest