The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks
Sorry just wanted to make sure if u recieve my message.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Raji2001
Sorry just wanted to make sure if u recieve my message.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi againl yes sorry I do apologise!!! Life has been kinda hectic and I haven't been able to upload them yet. I promise I'll get them done before next week and if I can't post them in this thread (if It gets closed) I'll PM you. :smile:
GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY! I'll be posting what I get tomorrow, fingers crossed
Original post by brainzistheword
Oh! I understand now. (Silly me!) That's a good idea all the same and I hope it helps you to get 100% scores. Do you happen to know anyone who has self taught and sat exams for A-levels?

Thanks for all your help :smile:

Hi there, sorry to intrude but I couldn't help but respond to your post. I sat the three AS maths modules this year alongside my GCSEs if that helps and I know of people from other schools that have self taught and done the same, my maths teacher was very supportive and pushed school to enter me however I'm sure that you can just search local centres (colleges and sixth forms) and pay a fee to allow you to sit the exam at their centre, most won't allow it but I know that it is possible.
Original post by Littleone2000
Hi there, sorry to intrude but I couldn't help but respond to your post. I sat the three AS maths modules this year alongside my GCSEs if that helps and I know of people from other schools that have self taught and done the same, my maths teacher was very supportive and pushed school to enter me however I'm sure that you can just search local centres (colleges and sixth forms) and pay a fee to allow you to sit the exam at their centre, most won't allow it but I know that it is possible.

Thanks for your response! It's impressive that you sat some As alongside GCSE! Well done!

I've asked around a few local colleges and sixth forms, but at least 3 of them said they wouldnn't allow it. I'll definitely keep looking though! Thank you for your help :smile:
Good luck for tomorrow. Seems like you've been working hard this year! Hopefully you'll get what you deserve!
IT'S SO CLOSE!!!

Well, this is it! In less than 13 hours I will find out my results and what a journey it has been.

I've felt quite up-beat about the prospect of results day, but as it has gradually approached, I've started to doubt all my answers to the questions and now I am really nervous. Then, when I saw the grade boundaries this morning, I could feel myself getting even more anxious, purely because some of them were rather higher than anticipated.

I think, overall, what I am hoping for most, is that everyone who has joined in with the GYG competition gets the grades they have worked incredibly hard for, and I have my fingers crossed for those who have followed my story closely (@nisha.sri, @lilacpotato, @NiamhM1801, @starstudent7, @sahra30013, @mypetpikachu @MR.ANONYMOUS 786 and many more) that you get the grades you deserve :smile:

I shall be online tomorrow morning before going to get my results and I'll probably do a lot more waffling in a post again then.

Seen as this is a penultimate post, is there anything you want to know about me, or help with anything? If not, I'll see you in the morning :biggrin:Good luck everyone :h: (Don't forget to tell me how you get on - you can post or PM me if you like)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jitesh
Good luck for tomorrow. Seems like you've been working hard this year! Hopefully you'll get what you deserve!

Thank you so much - are you getting results too? :smile:
Thank you so much - are you getting results too? :smile:

Nope, I got my AS results last week
Admittedly I was much more petrified about last weeks' results than I was for my GCSEs..! But both went well :smile:
IT'S SO CLOSE!!!

Well, this is it! In less than 13 hours I will find out my results and what a journey it has been.

I've felt quite up-beat about the prospect of results day, but as it has gradually approached, I've started to doubt all my answers to the questions and now I am really nervous. Then, when I saw the grade boundaries this morning, I could feel myself getting even more anxious, purely because some of them were rather higher than anticipated.

I think, overall, what I am hoping for most, is that everyone who has joined in with the GYG competition gets the grades they have worked incredibly hard for, and I have my fingers crossed for those who have followed my story closely (@nisha.sri, @lilacpotato, @NiamhM1801, @starstudent7, @sahra30013, @mypetpikachu @MR.ANONYMOUS 786 and many more) that you get the grades you deserve :smile:

I shall be online tomorrow morning before going to get my results and I'll probably do a lot more waffling in a post again then.

Seen as this is a penultimate post, is there anything you want to know about me, or help with anything? If not, I'll see you in the morning :biggrin:Good luck everyone :h: (Don't forget to tell me how you get on - you can post or PM me if you like)

Aw i'm sure you've done really well. Good luck to you too x
Original post by Jitesh
Nope, I got my AS results last week
Admittedly I was much more petrified about last weeks' results than I was for my GCSEs..! But both went well :smile:

Ah I see. I'm glad they went well for you. Are you carrying on to A2? :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
Aw i'm sure you've done really well. Good luck to you too x

Thank you - and good luck to you too :biggrin: x
Good luck @brainzistheword , reading through comments on this thread always rekindled my motivation when studying for my exams. Hope we all do well !
Original post by Afro Tail
Good luck @brainzistheword , reading through comments on this thread always rekindled my motivation when studying for my exams. Hope we all do well !

Aw thank you - that's very kind. I hope all your exams went well :smile:

(apologies if I've asked this before, but are you GCSE too?)
Aw thank you - that's very kind. I hope all your exams went well :smile:

(apologies if I've asked this before, but are you GCSE too?)

Yup :smile:
IT'S SO CLOSE!!!

Aww this is so sweet, thank you so much:smile: Good luck to you too for your hard work and motivation:smile: I feel the same way as you too but hopefully we do well:h: I will update you tomorrow after I get my results!:redface:
Original post by Afro Tail
Yup :smile:

Aha!! Really good luck to you - do let me know how you get on. I hope you get the grades you've studied so hard for! :smile:
Original post by starstudent7
Aww this is so sweet, thank you so much:smile: Good luck to you too for your hard work and motivation:smile: I feel the same way as you too but hopefully we do well:h: I will update you tomorrow after I get my results!:redface:

You're welcome! And thank you :smile:

I look forward to hearing how you've done! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending