The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm quite excited to be a part of this thread!! I've never really involved myself in these sorts of threads before but I think for A levels it'll be nice to have a little TSR family so we can all experience this together woooooo let's goooo!!!!

Introduce yourself:
Heyy, well my name is Emi, urm, I live in Cornwall right at the bottom of our splendid country, and yeah I don't know what else to say hahah

Hobbies and Interests:I used to play a lot of sport, but i had a major spinal operation because I have something called scoliosis and so now have two metal rods and titanium screws in my spine, and a beauty of a scar, and where sport isn't out of the question, I don't enjoy it anymore, prefer to work out alone; I'm a little gym rat now.
I love the sea, and sailing is a huge hobby of mine.
I love beach parties and camping and drinking around bonfires with my friends - sounds totally cliche but i love it. Festivals too; dancing, a lot of dancing.
I have really vivid dreams, and I enjoy writing them down and making stories out of them, I love books and I also really love science, a lot.
I enjoy acting too.

I have too many interests lol

Subjects I am planning to take:
Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Religious Studies. Wanted to take Spanish too because I adore the language, but my college offer it as an evening course which I'm taking instead to avoid the pressure of getting another good AS grade, as I'm not interested in the qualification I just want to learn the language.

Favourite Subject(s): Maths and Physics, but on the contrary I love love love drama, and also Literature- although I'm not taking them on to A level, they're keen interests of mine and I will keep myself involved in them.

Ideal Future Occupation:I've thought about this a lot, but I'll never be willing to make a permanent occupation goal, because there's so much out there I could do If I wanted! Although, i do love science research, particularly physics, but then I also love media and drama and making films and writing stories and poetry so who knows lol.
Original post by kennethdcharles
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey guys, a lot of you may already know me from the other thread, but if you don't, I'll introduce myself:

My name is Ken (not Kenneth, despite the username!) I am really active; I play for a semi-pro football team and I also represent the Essex County U18 team. So as you can imagine, I love football. Besides that I'm into politics and current affairs,as well as science. I love all sciences however my biggest passion is for physics.

I am planning to take:

Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Economics

My favourite subjects are maths and physics (currently joint but may change slightly as I begin my A levels).

In the future I would like to be a physicist, ideally a professor of physics at a top university or a researcher at big company eg NASA or CERN. If I ever get bored of physics I'd like to get into politics and become an MP and move on from there and get a major cabinet post.

I am likely to be a future Oxford applicant so @ColossalAtom please add me in the OP :smile:

I'm writing this on the 24th August so as you can imagine I'm full of butterflies as I await my results!

I'm hoping to apply to Cambridge in the future!! I expect you want to apply to physics at Oxford then? I'm a NatSci kinda girl I think, Physics is my favourite science but I do love chemistry too, so NatSci seems perfect for me.

Are you excited for GCSE results!? I just want to know what I got now!!
@ColossalAtom Add me in :wink: - Hopeful Future Cambridge applicant !!
Original post by emi.hopkins
@ColossalAtom Add me in :wink: - Hopeful Future Cambridge applicant !!

Physics should be classified as a new language. Because is that awesome.
Original post by ColossalAtom
Physics should be classified as a new language. Because is that awesome.

Oh how I love physics
@kennethdcharles No problem. Also you have to type out the name slowly then click the name you're looking for, so the person's name is highlighted in blue. Then that person will receive a notification.

Spoiler

Yeah I know😂 the mobile app was acting a bit weird so i just hoped yoh would see your name!

Spoiler

I'm hoping to apply to Cambridge in the future!! I expect you want to apply to physics at Oxford then? I'm a NatSci kinda girl I think, Physics is my favourite science but I do love chemistry too, so NatSci seems perfect for me.

Are you excited for GCSE results!? I just want to know what I got now!!

Yes I should be applying for physics at Oxford though there is a slight chance of me changing my mind and applyimg to cambridge for either maths or natsci (physical). I did really like chemistry too at GCSE, unfortunatelyI cant do 5 A levels 😂! But yeah physics is my favourite scienceand xince you lime them boh natsci seems really ideal.

I really want to get my results now! I dont think ill sleep much lool!
Yes I should be applying for physics at Oxford though there is a slight chance of me changing my mind and applyimg to cambridge for either maths or natsci (physical). I did really like chemistry too at GCSE, unfortunatelyI cant do 5 A levels 😂! But yeah physics is my favourite scienceand xince you lime them boh natsci seems really ideal.

Yeah I wanted to take 5 and take further maths but it would just be wayyy too much, I'd rather take three or four and do real well than take five and do okay or badly.

I honestly wish i could carry on with so many more A levels hahah, wish there was the time because I'm going to miss English and Biology too!!

NatSci seems like taking A levels again, just at a much harder level of course.

I'm not going to be sleeping at all, and i didn't sleep last night once because I was at a party ahah, ANDDD i have work tomorrow :frown:(
(edited 7 years ago)

Yeah I wanted to take 5 and take further maths but it would just be wayyy too much, I'd rather take three or four and do real well than take five and do okay or badly.

I honestly wish i could carry on with so many more A levels hahah, wish there was the time because I'm going to miss English and Biology too!!

NatSci seems like taking A levels again, just at a much harder level of course.

I'm not going to be sleeping at all, and i didn't sleep last night once because I was at a party ahah, ANDDD i have work tomorrow :frown:(

We can all be STEM buddies. I'm planning to do Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths.
We can all be STEM buddies. I'm planning to do Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths.

I like that!

STEM all the way!!
Km doing
Maths, FM, Economics and Biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
Km doing
Maths, FM, Economics and Biology

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be able to smash Maths if you're doing FM as well.
You should be able to smash Maths if you're doing FM as well.

hhopefully, need to get an A* in maths gcse first

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are everyone's results ?! Good luck if you haven't gotten them yet
What are everyone's results ?! Good luck if you haven't gotten them yet

My mate has my results lol. Because I have to do some other things in town.
My mate has my results lol. Because I have to do some other things in town.

I got mine at 8:30 this morning !
Just been accepted into my first choice sixth form and have been told I have achieved the highest grades my school has ever had!

Posted from TSR Mobile

STEM poweeeeer.