The Student Room Group

Edexcel you screwed me over!!!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by caitlinford3
Idgi, are u bored ?

Stop lurking around the GCSE thread if you're an A Level student lmao

Yes I am bored and I'm not the only A-Level student 'lurking' about. Problem???

Plus it's really easy to get reps by applying some simple logic to all you GCSE students losing your sh*t over high boundaries as if your life is over.

Original post by Evess
he likes little kids

:colone:

Spoiler

Original post by RDKGames
Yes I am bored and I'm not the only A-Level student 'lurking' about. Problem???

Plus it's really easy to get reps by applying some simple logic to all you GCSE students losing your sh*t over high boundaries as if your life is over.

:colone:

Spoiler

Yawnnn I'm glad your expectations don't rise above entry requirements and what you need to get into sixth form/uni etc, but for some their self expectations are above what is simply 'needed' :smile:

I'm not sure if you were attempting to patronise me here but I really couldn't possibly feel inferior of someone who is spending their summer sifting through GCSE threads and GCSE grade boundaries lmao
Reply 42
Is it just me or do students who do Edexcel complain the most?
Yawnnn I'm glad your expectations don't rise above entry requirements and what you need to get into sixth form/uni etc, but for some their self expectations are above what is simply 'needed' :smile:

I'm not sure if you were attempting to patronise me here but I really couldn't possibly feel inferior of someone who is spending their summer sifting through GCSE threads and GCSE grade boundaries lmao

lmao get off your high horse with the exaggerations :rofl: :rofl:
Original post by RDKGames
lmao get off your high horse with the exaggerations :rofl: :rofl:

:smile:
Original post by SGHD26716
Is it just me or do students who do Edexcel complain the most?

Evidently so, and it's not even Results Day yet.
Edexcel bent me over and destroyed me - metaphorically

Posted from TSR Mobile

The grade boundaries are set based on how everyone who set that exam did, with the top 5%, or whatever it is, getting an A*. If you've only got an A, then you clearly weren't good enough to get an A*. Yes, you can be disappointed for not getting the grade you wanted, but the reactions of some people (threatening to sue them and get them shut down, comitting arson, etc.) is completely OTT and immature.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by miless090
The grade boundaries are set based on how everyone who set that exam did, with the top 5%, or whatever it is, getting an A*. If you've only got an A, then you clearly weren't good enough to get an A*. Yes, you can be disappointed for not getting the grade you wanted, but that reaction of threatening to sue them and get them shut down is completely OTT and immature

Of course, people got a shock from last years exam and therefore revised way harder, and so the boundary has increased of course. Can I reiterate I am not the OP so I didn't threaten to sue anyone though I'm pretty sure they were joking lmao
Of course, people got a shock from last years exam and therefore revised way harder, and so the boundary has increased of course. Can I reiterate I am not the OP so I didn't threaten to sue anyone though I'm pretty sure they were joking lmao

Sorry, I didn't realise you weren't the op and have since edited my post.
Original post by miless090
Sorry, I didn't realise you weren't the op and have since edited my post.

No problem!
Guys calm down. If you only get one A* you can do just as well as I did, with AAAB at AS.
Reply 52
Original post by Evess
why are u trying to compare gcses to a level u idiot

I think what they are trying to say that if people who sat an exam where the grade boundaries were 72/75 for A* and 69/75 for an A, and had university offers riding on it ,were not complaining, why should GCSE students who need 170/200 for an A*, which isn't even that much different from other years.
That is what I think he meant.
Good luck.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 53
this is the ceo of edexcel speaking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54

Your on a roll😂😂
suck it up. you can lose 30 marks and get an A* at gcse. thats low af. at A-Level u can only lose around 4-8 marks.

Quick Reply

Latest