Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Computing 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Someboady
Hi...
Not sure about the stuff in brackets (games, vision and interaction) but i know im applying for computing lol.
Course: Computing MEng
Subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computer Science, EPQ
Grades: AAAA
Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A* and A* in EPQ (technically an AS)

Class results! :smile:

I don't know my predicted grades yet.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by TiernanW
Do you know if Imperial are recruiting more students now that caps are being taken off?

Hard to say but I believe the department is already one of the biggest compsci ones so i'd doubt it.

Oh wow, damn good results!
How are you dealing with accomodation at Imperial College?

Applied to 5, there's no preference but you can put interests about yourself to help pair you with like-minded people. All of the halls seem really nice and ofcourse those closer to the uni are more costly :tongue:. We don't get accom offers for a little though :smile:
Well good thing it wasn't a 1 in STEP. Of course, I could end up with an offer of 1 in STEP if they felt that was appropriate.

I stress over this because I worry that I'm not going to get into any of the places I want. I got AAAAA this year but like when I look at my modules and there is a B in Biology Unit 1 and the Physics Practical, I'm just like ewwwww.

I haven't heard of anyone getting an offer of 1 in STEP if they applied for only Computing so don't worry especially with these AS results!
Original post by Rabadon
Hard to say but I believe the department is already one of the biggest compsci ones so i'd doubt it.

Applied to 5, there's no preference but you can put interests about yourself to help pair you with like-minded people. All of the halls seem really nice and ofcourse those closer to the uni are more costly :tongue:. We don't get accom offers for a little though :smile:

Sorry what was that about caps? no idea what they are?
Oh i see, how are you helping finance your university costs? imperial being in london is the worst for me, because I doubt id be able to afford it
(edited 7 years ago)
Class results! :smile:

I don't know my predicted grades yet.

Ah, what universities are you applying for?
Reply 25
Ah, what universities are you applying for?

Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, King's and Queen's (Belfast). Well at the moment that's what it is - could change! But Imperial is a definite choice.
Sorry what was that about caps? no idea what they are?
Oh i see, how are you helping finance your university costs? imperial being in london is the worst for me, because I doubt id be able to afford it

There used to be a cap on the number of places a uni could offer but it was removed now.

Sadly, I have to rely on help from parents. Depending on your parents income, you could be eligible for a grant from imperial which can help ease the cost, SFE also give you more for being in London so it's something you'd have to look into as it's a person by person basis really. Don't rule it out too soon because of the price though.
Reply 27
Do we have to put STEP on our UCAS forms even if we don't know it if it will be included in an offer? Like if I didn't put it down, can they still make an offer on it?
I got in this year too for MEng Computing, same batch as thecsstudent! My offer was A*A*AA and 2 in STEP 1 with A* being in Maths and Further Maths specifically. My only advice would be start STEP prep now. Like seriously :biggrin: Seems like Imperial will make it a common thing from now on.
Original post by RandomNickname
I got in this year too for MEng Computing, same batch as thecsstudent! My offer was A*A*AA and 2 in STEP 1 with A* being in Maths and Further Maths specifically. My only advice would be start STEP prep now. Like seriously :biggrin: Seems like Imperial will make it a common thing from now on.

Woah! Why was Imperials offer so high for you? I thought their standard offer waa A* AA... did you meet your offer?
Woah! Why was Imperials offer so high for you? I thought their standard offer waa A* AA... did you meet your offer?

I did yes! So relieved!
Original post by RandomNickname
I did yes! So relieved!

Any tips on your A-level year? I'd like a few A*s too xD
Any tips on your A-level year? I'd like a few A*s too xD

STEP was the tough part of the offer. For A Levels just study consistently throughout the year.
Original post by thecsstudent
Yes I applied to cambridge but got rejected post interview.
I was asked for a 2 in STEP I. In my interview I was asked 1 maths question and an algorithmic one (because I'd talked a lot about algorithms in my ps) but I did really badly in the maths problem (the interviewer had to basically tell me the answer) and even though the second problem was better I still made mistakes in it.

Thank you.
I wonder if anyone got an offer with a prediction in further maths , I dont fancy putting a*a*a* down for applying.
Do we have to put STEP on our UCAS forms even if we don't know it if it will be included in an offer? Like if I didn't put it down, can they still make an offer on it?

Don't put it down, but they can still make an offer with it.

Original post by sideshowbobya
Thank you.
I wonder if anyone got an offer with a prediction in further maths , I dont fancy putting a*a*a* down for applying.

Why not?
Original post by Rabadon
Don't put it down, but they can still make an offer with it.

Why not?

To avoid an a*a*a* offer , would prefer an a*a*a offer with a* only being required for maths , if I add predicted a* for further im betting they will make the a* in further a requirement.
Original post by sideshowbobya
To avoid an a*a*a* offer , would prefer an a*a*a offer with a* only being required for maths , if I add predicted a* for further im betting they will make the a* in further a requirement.

Idk, that's a bit of a hazardous guess. It's too hard to predict those things and equally on the other hand, they could doubt your math ability due to that prediction and give you the a* offer and even STEP.
You can't hide anything just gotta hope you PS is dank and interview is on point. Accept the fact that you will most likely get STEP and work towards it. I had 2 months to prepare for STEP and i was i wishing i had started earlier
Reply 38
Hey everyone! Im also applying for imperial 2017 entry

Course: Computing MEng (Artificial Intelligence)
Subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics, DT (dropping for A2)
Grades: AAAAB for AS respectively and 10A*s with 3As for GCSE
Predicted Grades: Don't know yet, probably A*A*AA or A*A*A*A hopefully

Does anyone know how closely Imperial look at UMS? Because across my all my maths modules I only averaged 91 UMS which is low for Oxbridge.
Reply 39
Original post by obich
Hey everyone! Im also applying for imperial 2017 entry

Course: Computing MEng (Artificial Intelligence)
Subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics, DT (dropping for A2)
Grades: AAAAB for AS respectively and 10A*s with 3As for GCSE
Predicted Grades: Don't know yet, probably A*A*AA or A*A*A*A hopefully

Does anyone know how closely Imperial look at UMS? Because across my all my maths modules I only averaged 91 UMS which is low for Oxbridge.

They don't ask for your UMS.

Great GCSE results by the way!

Quick Reply

Latest