The Student Room Group

English Language at A Level?

So, I've decided to study 3 A levels. My definite choices are biology and chemistry but I don't know what third choice to pick. Initially I picked maths as a third and physics as a backup as I aspire to be a dentist( or something like that) but I'm torn between choosing English language instead of maths. Can anyone explain the pros and cons of English language. Also, is there a lot of analysing texts involved?
Original post by PenguinNinja
So, I've decided to study 3 A levels. My definite choices are biology and chemistry but I don't know what third choice to pick. Initially I picked maths as a third and physics as a backup as I aspire to be a dentist( or something like that) but I'm torn between choosing English language instead of maths. Can anyone explain the pros and cons of English language. Also, is there a lot of analysing texts involved?

I've just finished AS language and am moving on to the full A Level in September, my advice would be don't do it! It's full on analysing texts and nothing else - it's language and power, gender and occupation which is sort of boring if I'm honest. Plus it isn't similar to biology or chemistry, unlike maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply