The Student Room Group

Nottingham Application

With an AAC prediction is it likely that I get an offer to study Economics at Nottingham? Is it worth applying. If it helps I was a participant on the summer school
Likely? No. Possible? definitely yeah. Wouldn't put your parents mortgage on it if I were you.
Depends if you're confident you can beat your prediction, since that's what really counts.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Abcjelliee
Likely? No. Possible? definitely yeah. Wouldn't put your parents mortgage on it if I were you.
Depends if you're confident you can beat your prediction, since that's what really counts.

Do they care more about achieved grades or predicted? I really underachieved this year with BBD in Economics/Computing/Maths, I was 1 mark off in Economics, and 4 in Computing. My teachers are willing to predict me AAC and I can definitely get that D in maths up to an A with retakes. But I'd need an offer in the first place and I'm not confident I'll get one. Would you apply if you were me?
Original post by WHNYDW
Do they care more about achieved grades or predicted? I really underachieved this year with BBD in Economics/Computing/Maths, I was 1 mark off in Economics, and 4 in Computing. My teachers are willing to predict me AAC and I can definitely get that D in maths up to an A with retakes. But I'd need an offer in the first place and I'm not confident I'll get one. Would you apply if you were me?

No. I'd apply for a slightly further down ranked uni, that has entry requirements around the ABB mark instead of A*AA-AAA which is Nottinghams.

Also I'd like to point out that for subjects such as Maths do not be too confident to get an A - it is harder than it sounds. I had 99% in C1 and 97% in C2 but didn't get an A. Be realistic - it's all good and well saying you're going to work hard in the future but unless you have previous experience of massively boosting grades do not bank on it too much
Reply 4
Original post by Abcjelliee
No. I'd apply for a slightly further down ranked uni, that has entry requirements around the ABB mark instead of A*AA-AAA which is Nottinghams.

Also I'd like to point out that for subjects such as Maths do not be too confident to get an A - it is harder than it sounds. I had 99% in C1 and 97% in C2 but didn't get an A. Be realistic - it's all good and well saying you're going to work hard in the future but unless you have previous experience of massively boosting grades do not bank on it too much

I got A's all year it's just I really messed up M1 and didn't get an A in C1
Original post by WHNYDW
I got A's all year it's just I really messed up M1 and didn't get an A in C1

I think you should go for lower requirement but still decent unis like Kent, UEA, Lancaster etc.
Then you can be more likely to get offers but also have the option for adjustment if you beat them.

This year Nottingham was actually in clearing and I got a place on their economics course so never say never, you can do the same through adjustment next year. Even if you apply and get rejected you can try through adjustment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending