The Student Room Group

Sixth form rejection, should I appeal?

I wasn't accepts into my own schools sixth form and when I asked why they said it could be because of my attendance but they may end up accepting me but during the holidays they've sent me a letter saying that they can't offer me a place without a specific reason. It's been brought to my attention that the school admissions code says that they mus not take into account previous attendance or behaviour so what should I do. My grades are good and I'm predicted mainly As and Bs.
what are you going to loose by appealing? its definitely worth doing. Have you applied anywhere else?
Reply 2
Original post by annieapple2000
what are you going to loose by appealing? its definitely worth doing. Have you applied anywhere else?

I have but this was my first choice as they offer all the A levels I want to do
definitely appeal but make sure you gave a backup option
Original post by suzan123
I wasn't accepts into my own schools sixth form and when I asked why they said it could be because of my attendance but they may end up accepting me but during the holidays they've sent me a letter saying that they can't offer me a place without a specific reason. It's been brought to my attention that the school admissions code says that they mus not take into account previous attendance or behaviour so what should I do. My grades are good and I'm predicted mainly As and Bs.

1. Schools have the right to change their admissions code - are you sure this isn't the case for the Sep 2017 entry/cycle?

2. Is the admissions code apply to you or outside students?

Quick Reply

Latest