The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Would love Lyon for the banter when Kosc pockets Penazette for 2 games :wink:

Or Lacazette could score a hatty which would be just as funny
I'd love to see us play Madrid. Scenes when we nab a cheeky 1 - 0 win at the Bernabeau, and come second in the group and go out in the R16 anyway
Reply 9562
Original post by swirly
I'd love to see us play Madrid. Scenes when we nab a cheeky 1 - 0 win at the Bernabeau, and come second in the group and go out in the R16 anyway

Wonder how capable we would be if we had a striker like this..

..unless you don't remember this win because you supported someone like Chelsea at the time?
Forest playng Arsenal. Throwback to the last time you played them

Remember this being on MOTD. ****ing hell I feel old.
Original post by shawn_o1
Possible CL group stage opponents (+ best and worst case scenarios):
Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern Munich, PSG, CSKA Moscow, Benfica
Dynamo Kiev, Basel, PSV, Lyon, Sporting, Club Brugge, Celtic
Monchengladbach, Monaco, Besiktas, Legia Warsaw, Ludogorets, Rostov, Copenhagen, Dinamo Zagreb

For me, this doesn't really matter

Regardless of who we play in the group-stage, based solely on our first team, we will 100% get ducked out of Europe by an elite club side before the semi-finals
Arsenal in the transfer market are now like that drunk guy in the club around closing time dancing after every fatty he lays his eyes on but they shun him because they know their market value is inflated. Go home Arsenal you're drunk.
Original post by swirly
thoughts on Chip's new fire in the booth?

man cussed out Charlie Sloth in his first line, fat cuck.

charlie needs to roll safe his way back to the ends. man actually yelled I respect that :lol: thats like walkin in on yaboi pipin your wifey and handin them bottles of evian.
Welcome to Arsenal.

Who the f*ck is this Lucas Perez? A transfer is imminent according to Marca.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Original post by shawn_o1
Possible CL group stage opponents (+ best and worst case scenarios):
Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern Munich, PSG, CSKA Moscow, Benfica
Dynamo Kiev, Basel, PSV, Lyon, Sporting, Club Brugge, Celtic
Monchengladbach, Monaco, Besiktas, Legia Warsaw, Ludogorets, Rostov, Copenhagen, Dinamo Zagreb

Celtic and Legia Warsaw are in the same pot.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC

He's the madness.

What can we do?

But 17 goals in La Liga last year so not too bad. He might play out wide on the right. Won't surprise me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James.Carnell
He's the madness.

He's 27 and his best record is 17 goals in a pish league for a striker.
Reply 9573
Stan Kreonke is the white Don King
Reply 9574
Should never let a ****ing yank anywhere near our club
Reply 9575
Genuinely so bitter about United getting Martial. Wouldn have been such a good signing for us
Reply 9576
Panic ****ing buy and a half. This is summer 2011 all over again.

Arsenal are going to draw to Watford too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Perez last season scored 17 goals in 37 games. He is essentially a hispanic Giroud, maybe a tiny bit better. He is barely better than what we have. He won't improve the team enough to make us challenge. It's not like he's a promising young player either, he's 27 years old. Should be going into his peak.

I'll support him if he's an Arsenal player but very strange signing from the club.
(edited 7 years ago)
Other example of Wenger's stupidity that we are going to have to end up paying way over the odds for Mustafi due to trying to lower the original price. Now we have less to spend on a striker, probably the reason we are going after this Perez guy. If Wenger had just put £30m on the table to begin with Mustafi would be an Arsenal player by now. He might not even come at all seen as Valencia are selling Alcacer and so don't need the money from us.

Reply 9579
Perez last season scored 17 goals in 37 games. He is essentially a hispanic Giroud, maybe a tiny bit better. He is barely better than what we have. He won't improve the team enough to make us challenge. It's not like he's a promising young player either, he's 27 years old. Should be going into his peak.

I'll support him if he's an Arsenal player but very strange signing from the club.

Only thing that is perhaps better in this whole shambolic transfer is that they finished like 15th.. for which 17 goals is not bad at all.

Ornstein claims that we have around £96m, which makes me think if Wenger will try and splash £50m on someone right at the end?

This whole thing about leaving it late to save money is ******** though, I bet every club in the world knows that we are desperate and will add another £10-15m to their players for the sake of it.

We are usually a shitshow in the transfer window but **** me have we ****ed this one up

Latest