The Student Room Group

A2 level subjects

So I did Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Econs at AS level, and I got AABB (in that order).

I'm planning to drop Econs, as I'm not as confident with it as my other subjects. However, my older siblings has advised to keep all 4 subjects, as unis consider Maths and Further Maths as a single subject.

Is this true? If I were to just have Maths, Further Maths and Physics as my 3 A levels, would I be putting myself at a disadvantage for uni applications?
Reply 1
What course are you applying for? I know someone who did Maths at university and he had 3 subjects including Maths/FM.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by UCLQ
What course are you applying for? I know someone who did Maths at university and he had 3 subjects including Maths/FM.

Either computer science or maths (im leaning towards cs though)
Original post by Haamoo7
So I did Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Econs at AS level, and I got AABB (in that order).

I'm planning to drop Econs, as I'm not as confident with it as my other subjects. However, my older siblings has advised to keep all 4 subjects, as unis consider Maths and Further Maths as a single subject.

Is this true? If I were to just have Maths, Further Maths and Physics as my 3 A levels, would I be putting myself at a disadvantage for uni applications?

I don't actually know of any unis who treat maths and further maths as a single subject, even at the very top level (I applied for maths, maybe it's different for other subjects?)
So if you're going into maths/engineering/physics - anything heavily maths based, don't worry about it.

Quick Reply

Latest