The Student Room Group

Should it be a girls responsibility to buy condoms?

Scroll to see replies

It's your dick. Your responsibility. And you can get condoms for free so there's no excuse not to have one.
Original post by xobeauty
What the actual ****??? See guys these days, no damn balls- not even to buy condoms. Pathetic. I really hope what your saying isn't true.

I see you're not from here. Welcome to beta Britain.
Reply 22
I think both are responsible for getting condoms because both are partaking in the act.
Never use the one she gives you lol

They're crazy these days
I'd always carry some if I was planning on having casual sex, but... I think a guy not having his own would be a turnoff. The fact he's willing risk his own health and future rather than protect himself or not shag just screams stupid, immature boy rather than grown man. Plus there's always the risk of something going wrong, and if he was going into this unprotected goodness only knows how many thereve been before me...
What the actual ****??? See guys these days, no damn balls- not even to buy condoms. Pathetic. I really hope what your saying isn't true.

There are men on the front lines in a country thousands of miles away from their homes and their families fighting for your freedom. And you say all men have no balls. You wouldn't last 2 minutes in their world.
You make me sick.
Original post by Anonymous
There are men on the front lines in a country thousands of miles away from their homes and their families fighting for your freedom. And you say all men have no balls. You wouldn't last 2 minutes in their world.
You make me sick.

Where did I say ALL men.
Where did I say ALL men.

Where did you explicitly say not all men. Nowhere \Rightarrow you meant men in general. Your total disrespect is shocking.
Reply 28
Original post by WoodyMKC
What's so brave about walking into a public men's toilet and using the Johnny machine while nobody's around???

Or in the supermarket with the self checkout machines. The Johnny machine only gives 3-4 condoms and is often empty.

@xobeauty : I think the guy should buy it, but the girl should have a back up just in case.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nimrahk123
I don't think I know any guy who has had the balls to get condoms, I've found mainly girls do it.

are you joking or just really young?
Reply 30
Original post by WoodyMKC
What's so brave about walking into a public men's toilet and using the Johnny machine while nobody's around???

Dat feel when you're doing this and a guy walks in tho
Nah it shouldn't be the girls responsibility.

If a couple use them regularly then maybe they could go halfers but if it's just a one off thing/casual then I think it's the guy's responsibility since well, he knows the size to get etc.

The pill is a good method especially if you're in a trusting relationship and that's personally what I'd go for.*
Honestly I think everybody should carry them ^.^
Why should he be the only one spending the money right feminists?

Becauses hes more desperate to get laid. If she said you buy the condoms or no sex do you really think hes going to choose the no-sex option? Pah!

how cheap are people nowadays anyways, they only cost £5!
As a dude I'd feel more proud of having my own rather than having to get one off her.
Original post by Charlotte6745
Yeah why not, like I think it's mainly the guys (like you wouldn't expect a guy to buy the pill for his girlfriend) but it's for her protection too so why the hell not

That's completely different.
For HIM to wear?

Like should you pitch in since its for both your protection? Why should he be the only one spending the money right feminists?

Having sex with girls is illegal in the UK, the age of consent is 16. So I hope you mean sex with women.

And any man walking around with the attitude of " hey I'm doing you a big favour by splashing my cash on a condom " isn't going to get much sex anyway.
Original post by Tiger Rag
That's completely different.

And if you can't see the difference between the two

- a drug prescribed by a doctor for an individual patient which affects her fertility by altering her hormones

- a piece of latex obtained OTC or free from a clinic ,worn externally for ......oh 10 minutes ..then discarded with no longer term effect

then you need to get a bit smarter before having sex
I'd say it's probably the man's responsibility at first. I don't know why, but then again, it's his dick... I mean, if a women went out to buy female condoms, that would be a different story.

When in a relationship it's a bit different, I'd say it's both people's responsibility to practise safe sex, because honestly, condoms are so much easier to get than anything else.

If the guy refuses to get condoms, and says "just get the pill it's so easy", the woman should either get them for him and force him to wear them, or run away as fast as possible.

Spoiler

Original post by Anna-1801
And if you can't see the difference between the two

- a drug prescribed by a doctor for an individual patient which affects her fertility by altering her hormones

- a piece of latex obtained OTC or free from a clinic ,worn externally for ......oh 10 minutes ..then discarded with no longer term effect

then you need to get a bit smarter before having sex

And the pill doesn't protect against STIs either.

Quick Reply

Latest