The Student Room Group

Important Question! Please help

Hello, today i got my results from GCSE. The grades were alright but i was unhappy with the C that i got in Mathemactics (EDEXCEL). And this meant i couldn't do certain subjects in A Level e.g. Chemistry and Physics. My question is that will it be possible to retake Maths in November and hopefully by then i would get a B-A* and if that happens will i be able to pick Chemistry and Physics by that time in A Level. Thanks
Original post by Heyooo
Hello, today i got my results from GCSE. The grades were alright but i was unhappy with the C that i got in Mathemactics (EDEXCEL). And this meant i couldn't do certain subjects in A Level e.g. Chemistry and Physics. My question is that will it be possible to retake Maths in November and hopefully by then i would get a B-A* and if that happens will i be able to pick Chemistry and Physics by that time in A Level. Thanks

It is possible to retake in November but in all honesty, to pick up Chemistry and Physics that late may be a problem. There is a lot more stuff to learn at A-Level so it may be hard to catch up if you've missed a few months of teaching.

You could try speaking to your Sixth Form/College to see if they'd let you start Chemistry/Physics on the condition that you retake Maths in November. it's not guaranteed they'll say yes, however.
Reply 2
Original post by usycool1
It is possible to retake in November but in all honesty, to pick up Chemistry and Physics that late may be a problem. There is a lot more stuff to learn at A-Level so it may be hard to catch up if you've missed a few months of teaching.

You could try speaking to your Sixth Form/College to see if they'd let you start Chemistry/Physics on the condition that you retake Maths in November. it's not guaranteed they'll say yes, however.

Thanks for the reply, is November the earliest date for retakes?
Original post by Heyooo
Thanks for the reply, is November the earliest date for retakes?

No worries and yep, it is for Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest