The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Really pleased with my results, except Edexcel Business Communications.

I had an A in my coursework, counted an A* when we reviewed the paper and I found the final exam with really low grade boundaries easy. All going well, but I've apparently got a B!

I can't even begin to understand how this has happened!

Anybody else doing this course and had a disappointing score?
ALHAMDULILLAH (praise be to God). I prayed so so much and Allah SWT has blessed me.

11A*s and an A as well as a Level 3 Algebra Qualification.:biggrin:
Original post by desmoulins
The overall grades are the capital letters, the lowercase grades are those that you got for individual papers :smile: most schools put the official grades (the caps) at the top of the page.

ok i only have like 8 grades in capitals :frown:
Just picked up my result for AQA higher maths......I got an A which im really pleased about-My UMS was 255......However the maths exams i took were in 3 parts...Unit 1,Unit 2 and Unit 3....how do i work out how far away i was from A* ???
It would be nice to know what marks i got on each unit!

Any help greatly appreciated!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyways i got
A* maths
B english lang
A english lit
A science
A comp science
A geo
A rs
D french
Original post by Kxjzh
Well, everyone seems happy except me - that's depressing

How did you do?
Just got my results, 8 D's and 1 C ! ! !
Reply 5067
8 A's and 4 B's

I was predicted all C's holy moly!!!! :biggrin:DDD

And an A in maths!!! WOW!!!
Celebrating today!!
Original post by hamza772000
HEY! Well done!! :biggrin:

I got the A*, 183/200 this is emo sh*t man :cry2:

Doing maths next year?
Also, even though I have my grade I don't have my marks for maths yet and it doesn't show anything for my maths exams so should I call my school about it? Does anyone else have the same?
Original post by B_9710
Doing maths next year?
Yeah, and FM :smile:
Original post by chrisandmaddy
Just picked up my result for AQA higher maths......I got an A which im really pleased about-My UMS was 255......However the maths exams i took were in 3 parts...Unit 1,Unit 2 and Unit 3....how do i work out how far away i was from A* ???

My guess is 270 is an A*
Original post by dEjiMaN
Just got my results, 8 D's and 1 C ! ! !

I am gonna live on benefits :frown:
Original post by Marzfox
I'm not sure because it looks like 97 is a high mark but I got a D for that paper

Which exam board and spec is it?
Original post by chrisandmaddy

My sister got her results today and that happened with her as well - apparently they decided not to put in the individual units for maths!!! No idea why.....
[Subject // Predicted // Actual]

Edexcel iGCSE Maths - A* // A*

CIE ICT - A* // A*

CIE Spanish B - A* // A*

CIE DT Systems & Control - A* // A

Edexcel iGCSE English - A* // A*

Edexcel iGCSE Chemistry - A* // A*

Edexcel iGCSE Biology - A* // A*

Edexcel iGCSE Physics - A* // A*

Edexcel GCSE Physical Ed. - A // B

OCR GCSE R.S. Short Course - A* // A

7A*, 2A, 1B

Comments and reactions
I'm so disappointed right now... I was aiming for 8 A* so that I could get an honory scholarship - I really wanted it as my family is not doing well financially. I worked my ass off so hard and I missed it by one A*. I got 87/100 for RS and I'm thinking about sending it for a remark but I just dont know if it will be enough time before the scholarships are actually given out and whether or not it is worth it...I'm just a mess right now. I know it seems like good grades but everyone has different expectations of themselves and I put aside basically everything so that I could achieve those 8 A*s and I just screwed up somewhere. Idk

Future ambitions
Was aiming for Oxbridge at first but don't know now... Academics were literally the only thing I focused on, I had zero social life and it didn't even pay off. I know I'm sounding unappreciative but when you aim so high and when you AND everyone else expects more of you, it really puts you down. Everyone thought I was gonna get a scholarship and I'm basically the 'nerd' of my boarding house and now I'm so embarrassed that I'm not getting it... Damn. :/

Aside from that, I hope that everyone else did as well as they expected.
Are these good results guys, i feel dumb aha...

C- English language
C- English Literature
C- Maths ( somehow!)
C- History
C- Geography
B- Product Design
C- Science core

Should i feel proud :smile:?
Original post by asd.987
[Subject // Predicted // Actual]

Edexcel iGCSE Maths - A* // A*

CIE ICT - A* // A*

CIE Spanish B - A* // A*

CIE DT Systems & Control - A* // A

Edexcel iGCSE English - A* // A*

Edexcel iGCSE Chemistry - A* // A*

Edexcel iGCSE Biology - A* // A*

Edexcel iGCSE Physics - A* // A*

Edexcel GCSE Physical Ed. - A // B

OCR GCSE R.S. Short Course - A* // A

7A*, 2A, 1B

Comments and reactions
I'm so disappointed right now... I was aiming for 8 A* so that I could get an honory scholarship - I really wanted it as my family is not doing well financially. I worked my ass off so hard and I missed it by one A*. I got 87/100 for RS and I'm thinking about sending it for a remark but I just dont know if it will be enough time before the scholarships are actually given out and whether or not it is worth it...I'm just a mess right now. I know it seems like good grades but everyone has different expectations of themselves and I put aside basically everything so that I could achieve those 8 A*s and I just screwed up somewhere. Idk

Future ambitions
Was aiming for Oxbridge at first but don't know now... Academics were literally the only thing I focused on, I had zero social life and it didn't even pay off. I know I'm sounding unappreciative but when you aim so high and when you AND everyone else expects more of you, it really puts you down. Everyone thought I was gonna get a scholarship and I'm basically the 'nerd' of my boarding house and now I'm so embarrassed that I'm not getting it... Damn. :/

Aside from that, I hope that everyone else did as well as they expected.

I'd do anythin for yo grads ma homie
Original post by l'insegnante
Which exam board and spec is it?

AQA English language Unit 1H
Original post by Mackiemcmasher
My guess is 270 is an A*

Thanks for your reply

I guesss there no way of knowing individual marks on each unit then?

Latest