The Student Room Group

Nigel Farage at Trump Rally- Brexiteers Unite!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99
Britain, France, Germnay all have serious problems with Islamic fundamentalism. The US doesn't really have a problem.

With Christain fundamentalism? It really does though, pal. Are you high?
Original post by ivybridge
With Christain fundamentalism? It really does though, pal. Are you high?

Why do you see Christian fundamentalism as a problem? The US doesn't suffer from Christian terror attacks much. People believing in something isn't a problem.
(edited 7 years ago)
Because he chooses a notoriously homophobic vice president and people to lead his campaign. Tough on Islamic Immigration? Don't make me laugh. What about all of the extremely fundamentalist Christians America already fosters that cause harm to the LGBTQIA+ populace daily, and make life difficult for them? One of them is his Vice President and they seem to cause enough damage on their own so stop running and pointing the finger at muslims all the time - it wasn't the devout christian community coming together with the LGBTQIA+ community after Orlando, was it? It was the Islamic community and the local Imam, uniting to support the LGBTQIA+ people in Orlando whilst the Westboro Baptist Church and a range of Christian fundamentalists across America praised the slaughter of LGBTQIA+ people.

Some Christians in America (fewer and fewer by the day) might "make things tough" for LGBT people, but they don't kill them. Why makes things worse for LGBT people by bringing in people who are openly violent toward them?
His fews on homosexuality, abortion - all things that are part of modern society and America is still the only country with significant problems with racism, religious fundamentalism, hate crimes, and a lack of a welfare system. Shoving a fundamentalist evangelical christian into power helps absolutely nothing.

Oh you talk so much trash mate - she's much more progressive and actually experienced and able.

What a load of trash. His supporters don't even line up with what his actual policies are. He's a walking contradiction.

America does have a welfare system. Plus, a trump presidency would ensure that taxes are lowered instead of increasing welfare spending. Reducing taxes for people on low incomes is a much better way to improve living standards than having people rely on welfare handouts.
Original post by Trapz99
Why do you see Christian fundamentalism as a problem? The US doesn't suffer from Christian terro attacks much. People believing in something isn't a problem.

Terrorism is a means of channelling fundamentaism. Fundamentalism sits at the core and is the route problem. And Christian fundamentalism causes a lot of harm and sits in rule in the USA. It has no place in government.

I see it as a problem because it is. Particularly with its impact on LGBTQIA+ youth and people. The Westboro Baptist Church is one example. Do you even understand the impact of words and actions, or do you flower it with this "sticks and stones" bs?
Original post by MildredMalone
Some Christians in America (fewer and fewer by the day) might "make things tough" for LGBT people, but they don't kill them. Why makes things worse for LGBT people by bringing in people who are openly violent toward them?

Oh

My

Word.

Yes they do kill them actually. The KKK is a Christian, white supremacist, organisation that kills blacks and gays along with anybody else that crosses its path that they don't like.

LGBTQIA+ hate crime is incredibly high in the USA and religion is used as a justification just as it is in Islamic terrorist cases. Stop trying to advocate one and condem the other when they have more in common than they don't.
Terrorism is a means of channelling fundamentaism. Fundamentalism sits at the core and is the route problem. And Christian fundamentalism causes a lot of harm and sits in rule in the USA. It has no place in government.

I see it as a problem because it is. Particularly with its impact on LGBTQIA+ youth and people. The Westboro Baptist Church is one example. Do you even understand the impact of words and actions, or do you flower it with this "sticks and stones" bs?

So you think that politicians and people should stop believing what they believe? Should Christian fundamentalists stop believing what they believe?

And also, the WBC is a tiny group of people Ho have no influence on anything.
Original post by Trapz99
America does have a welfare system. Plus, a trump presidency would ensure that taxes are lowered instead of increasing welfare spending. Reducing taxes for people on low incomes is a much better way to improve living standards than having people rely on welfare handouts.

No, a Trump presidency would not. All of his whacky ideas - ask yourself how they're to be paid for you utter imbecile. Taxation. The only way the government gets a usable income.

And America really doesn't. It's the only first world advanced country without a sustainable Welfare System.
Are you gonna ignore the fact that when Clinton was serving Secretary of State her foundation received a large amount of money from counties that funded sexism, terrorism and execution of the LGBT Community, yet she accepted the money anyways.
I also agree with what Pegasus said; Clinton simply says what the special snowflake, SJWs want to hear but whether she will actually conform to do anything she promised is a whole other subject. Her personality already says that she loves humanity, but hates people. Trump's opinions are entirely based on his own, he's not promising to do support or aid subjects which he doesn't believe in. It makes him a likeable character as he simply cuts out the BS and goes to truth.
I mean if you loved what Obama did (which was literally nothing) You probably support Clinton also as she's endorsed by him.
Original post by Trapz99
So you think that politicians and people should stop believing what they believe? Should Christian fundamentalists stop believing what they believe?

And also, the WBC is a tiny group of people Ho have no influence on anything.

The Westboro Baptist Church are a tiny group that ruin people's lives and preach hatred. The people who carried out the attacks in Brussels were a tinier group of three men. What's your point? Stop trying to justify one and condemn the other.

No, I'm saying it has no place in the politics of a country. Only in the personal lives of the individuals. You would be quick to say the same if it was somebody being a rampant feminist or over the top leftist. Your logic only suits you.
The Westboro Baptist Church are a tiny group that ruin people's lives and preach hatred. The people who carried out the attacks in Brussels were a tinier group of three men. What's your point? Stop trying to justify one and condemn the other.

No, I'm saying it has no place in the politics of a country. Only in the personal lives of the individuals. You would be quick to say the same if it was somebody being a rampant feminist or over the top leftist. Your logic only suits you.

Surely politicians should stand for what they believe in? If they believe in Christian fundamentalism then that's what they should stand for.
Original post by aurorashpo
Are you gonna ignore the fact that when Clinton was serving Secretary of State her foundation received a large amount of money from counties that funded sexism, terrorism and execution of the LGBT Community, yet she accepted the money anyways.
I also agree with what Pegasus said; Clinton simply says what the special snowflake, SJWs want to hear but whether she will actually conform to do anything she promised is a whole other subject. Her personality already says that she loves humanity, but hates people. Trump's opinions are entirely based on his own, he's not promising to do support or aid subjects which he doesn't believe in. It makes him a likeable character as he simply cuts out the BS and goes to truth.
I mean if you loved what Obama did (which was literally nothing) You probably support Clinton also as she's endorsed by him.

Ha, Trump lies through his teeth to please the voters. He contradicts himself over and over again. He's a complete demagogue and no I don't forget that, but in my mind, people are not accepting the nature of international relations when they make these assessments of the candidates and you are just proving that point. Also, she has progressed in my opinion. She has tried to accept and progress with the times. She's bloody damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. Everybody is completely unreasonable about her character.
Oh

My

Word.

Yes they do kill them actually. The KKK is a Christian, white supremacist, organisation that kills blacks and gays along with anybody else that crosses its path that they don't like.

Do you have stats for this please? How many etc?
Original post by Trapz99
Surely politicians should stand for what they believe in? If they believe in Christian fundamentalism then that's what they should stand for.

No. Not if it's to the detriment of people they have a duty to protect and care for.

Islamic terrorists stand for that they believe in and look at the damage they do. Stop. There is no special rule. Religion is toxic when used in the rule of law. America and the Middle East are testament to that.
No. Not if it's to the detriment of people they have a duty to protect and care for.

Islamic terrorists stand for that they believe in and look at the damage they do. Stop. There is no special rule. Religion is toxic when used in the rule of law. America and the Middle East are testament to that.

So an American Christian fundamentalist like Ted Cruz who is pro-life and for traditional marriage is comparable to ISIS who kill millions of people? There is a difference between religions and you're denying it.

Politicians shouldn't have to suppress their religious views. If the people don't like those views, they wouldn't vote for them.
Original post by Trapz99
So an American Christian fundamentalist like Ted Cruz who is pro-life and for traditional marriage is comparable to ISIS who kill millions of people? There is a difference between religions and you're denying it.

Politicians shouldn't have to suppress their religious views. If the people don't like those views, they wouldn't vote for them.

And they don't vote for them. Ted Cruz lost massively.

You're so ignorant its laughable; the same motive and grit sits at the core.
Honestly, I'm not really a Trump fan- his personal qualities are too aggressive and he's too shaky. Also, his anti-life views on abortion worry me so I understand why he is such a dangerous candidate. But the fact is that Ted Cruz is an incredibly talented politician who holds views I share and it's sad that he didn't get the nomination because he would have been great for the country.
Ha, Trump lies through his teeth to please the voters. He contradicts himself over and over again. He's a complete demagogue and no I don't forget that, but in my mind, people are not accepting the nature of international relations when they make these assessments of the candidates and you are just proving that point. Also, she has progressed in my opinion. She has tried to accept and progress with the times. She's bloody damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. Everybody is completely unreasonable about her character.

So you're gonna hate on Trump for one thing, but then you're going to support Clinton for the same thing Donald Trump is doing?
And she hasn't progressed, she still harrasses those who came forward about her husband's sexual harrassment. Extremely misogynist to her own gender.
Original post by Trapz99
Honestly, I'm not really a Trump fan- his personal qualities are too aggressive and he's too shaky. Also, his anti-life views on abortion worry me so I understand why he is such a dangerous candidate. But the fact is that Ted Cruz is an incredibly talented politician who holds views I share and it's sad that he didn't get the nomination because he would have been great for the country.

No, he would have been great for people like you. Not the majority.
And they don't vote for them. Ted Cruz lost massively.

You're so ignorant its laughable; the same motive and grit sits at the core.

I said "like Ted Cruz" referring to other conservative Christian American politicians (who you might call fundamentalists) who have been voted into positions of power. Clearly that shows that Americans (or at least a large proportion of them) support those views and therefore those views should be reflected in politics and in the creation of laws.

Quick Reply

Latest