The Student Room Group

Psychology Result

Hello,
I've got my GCSE psychology result today and I got a D in it. The exam bord is AQA. In the Unit 1 I got 50 marks, which the on AQA grade boundary is a C however mine got graded as a D. In the Unti 2 I got 64 marks, on the AQA grade boundary is a B, mine got marked as a C. I got 114 marks together. What should I do?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by clearesbt
I've had a similar problem, I got 65 on Unit 1 and 68 on Unit 2 which are both apparently Cs (also AQA Psychology). One of my friends got 96 marks on Unit 1 which I don't think is possible since they're out of 80 marks..? I've emailed AQA about it and am still waiting for an email back so maybe you could do that..

Thank you replying so quickly! I'm thinks of emailing my head of college first to see if I can go back to sixth form. I let the student room know the response. I took four maths exams however 2 of my results weren't on my results paper. I don't know what to do.
There is a difference between raw mark and UMS.
Reply 3
Original post by Noodlzzz
There is a difference between raw mark and UMS.

What do you mean?
Original post by Sinder3lla98
What do you mean?

Raw marks are converted to UMS marks.

From wiki-

"Raw marks awarded in an exam are converted to UMS marks according to the difficulty of the exam paper and the performance of candidates. For example, one year a candidate may only need 62 raw marks to get an A grade (80%), but another year 62 marks may only be equivalent to a B grade (70%)."
I never did a level psychology but now I'm doing a degree in the subject! Grades aren't everything, honestly, they help but there are other ways around things. Maybe you can resist and try again, but don't worry too much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest