The Student Room Group

Nigel Farage at Trump Rally- Brexiteers Unite!

Scroll to see replies

If it's between Hillary and the Donald I say the Donald

But I would really Gary Johnson
Reply 61
Original post by ivybridge
I'm not being funny but what in God's name would she do that's so bad? You can hate her but she's literally no different to the typical candidate for office in any election and people blow everything so far out of proportion. She is preferable to Trump any day.

Well, Hillary has supported plenty of American intervention in the Middle East, killing a great deal of people, of course. I'd be worried about her intensifying/increasing this, e.g. more airstrikes and ground troops, if in power. Furthermore the e-mail scandal displays incompetence (as does sending weapons to "rebels").
Otherwise, although I agree with the vast majority of her policies, I don't particularly trust her to implement them, what with her notorious reputation for flip-flopping.

I never said she wasn't preferable to Trump. I'm just saying, on her own, looked at as an individual candidate for presidency...no.
If I was American I'd probably vote for Jill Stein or something to try to show some dissatisfaction.. (Gary Johnson's, and perhaps any hardcore libertarian's, economic policies pretty much amount to "f**k the poor")
Original post by Trapz99
I said "like Ted Cruz" referring to other conservative Christian American politicians (who you might call fundamentalists) who have been voted into positions of power. Clearly that shows that Americans (or at least a large proportion of them) support those views and therefore those views should be reflected in politics and in the creation of laws.

No, they shouldn't. They are not the majority. Cruz was way too far right for the majority in the US. Simple.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Well, Hillary has supported plenty of American intervention in the Middle East, killing a great deal of people, of course. I'd be worried about her intensifying/increasing this, e.g. more airstrikes and ground troops, if in power. Furthermore the e-mail scandal displays incompetence (as does sending weapons to "rebels":wink:.
Otherwise, although I agree with the vast majority of her policies, I don't particularly trust her to implement them, what with her notorious reputation for flip-flopping.

I never said she wasn't preferable to Trump. I'm just saying, on her own, looked at as an individual candidate for presidency...no.
If I was American I'd probably vote for Jill Stein or something to try to show some dissatisfaction.. (Gary Johnson's, and perhaps any hardcore libertarian's, economic policies pretty much amount to "f**k the poor":wink:

I would go to for Clinton simply because a vote for Stein is a waste.
No, he would have been great for people like you. Not the majority.

People like me? You don't even know who I am. Ted Cruz would be great for the 75% of American who are Christians and who feel that their views have been marginalised and put to the side due to laws on gay marriage, abortion, transgender bathrooms etc... And he would have been great for normal middle class and working class people who feel betrayed by the Democrats' policies on tax, Obamacare, inner city crime and their economic policies which have destroyed manufacturing jobs and reduced Americans' standards of living.
Original post by Trapz99
People like me? You don't even know who I am. Ted Cruz would be great for the 75% of American who are Christians and who feel that their views have been marginalised and put to the side due to laws on gay marriage, abortion, transgender bathrooms etc... And he would have been great for normal middle class and working class people who feel betrayed by the Democrats' policies on tax, Obamacare, inner city crime and their economic policies which have destroyed manufacturing jobs and reduced Americans' standards of living.

People like you who are Christian and shares he views. I know enough about you to make that comment.

75% loool that's why he didn't get more votes than Sanders... he's not wanted by even half of that country. Stop.
People like you who are Christian and shares he views. I know enough about you to make that comment.

75% loool that's why he didn't get more votes than Sanders... he's not wanted by even half of that country. Stop.

The people that vote in the primaries don't really represent the US population and they tend to hold more radical views, whether that is the radical left or the radical right.
Reply 67
I would go to for Clinton simply because a vote for Stein is a waste.

Yeah, but on an individual level, a vote for Clinton is a waste. Not being an influential person, I wouldn't be able to affect anyone else's voting choice, so logic would dictate that, in all probability, my vote won't influence the outcome anyway. I might as well add to the tally of voters demonstrably dissatisfied with the current political climate. Yes, I get the fact that if everyone thought this way, loads of votes would go to Stein and Johnson and it might be an easy procession for Trump, but how everyone else thinks is not really something I can alter.

edit: Well technically my vote on its own wouldn't influence anything whether I myself was influential or not; I could convince a load of people to vote for someone yet vote for someone else instead and lie..but I digress.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Trapz99
The people that vote in the primaries don't really represent the US population and they tend to hold more radical views, whether that is the radical left or the radical right.

Well they're the only ones who matter, pal because they're the ones who care enough. Couldn't give a ****, then, about an unmeasurable level of peasants sitting in Alabama complaining about how the homosexuals and blacks are ruining the world. Lmfao.
Well they're the only ones who matter, pal because they're the ones who care enough. Couldn't give a ****, then, about an unmeasurable level of peasants sitting in Alabama complaining about how the homosexuals and blacks are ruining the world. Lmfao.

Or maybe the normal middle class American who works hard in a full time job and has a family to take care of doesn't quite have time to go and vote for Ted Cruz in the primaries (or watch the debates and know what he stands for) unlike the college student/unemployed/sitting-on-the-porch-playing-blackjack-all-day voters for Bernie and Trump.

The majority of people don't vote in primaries, but the majority matter. And the majority of Americans are Christians and socially conservative.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alevelstresss
LOL do you actually think these people are the 'sharpest minds', or are you just trolling?

Trump couldn't readily name the leader of ISIS, his grammar is appalling and his policies are a joke - even the ones which he is supposed to be an expert on
Farage's economic policy also had a massive multi-trillion pound hole in it

Farage to politics is what Isaac Newton was to maths. Genius.
Original post by alexjones1994
Farage to politics is what Isaac Newton was to maths. Genius.

hahahahahahahahaha
Original post by jape
Trump is incompetent (bad at stuff), has fans who worship him, has no policies, is all about himself and has not got a single charitable bone in his body.

surely you just described Nigel as well
Original post by jape
I'll try to be monosyllabic (short words) for you. Nigel is a gifted, principled and capable politician. Trump is incompetent (bad at stuff), has fans who worship him, has no policies, is all about himself and has not got a single charitable bone in his body.

Didn't Trump just donate 100 thousand to Louisiana flood victims?
I tuned in for King Farage.. i gotta say i was surprised by how uncrafted and bland Trump is. That said still hope he wins it for many reasons
Reply 75
I think Trump supporters can identify with 1 person in this picture ...

child_meets_Barack_3031410b.jpg
Just speak in English instead of trying to sound clever - **** me. What are you trying to say?

Read a book.
Original post by KingBradly
Read a book.

According to goodreads, I've read 116 so far this year - try again, bro'.
Because he chooses a notoriously homophobic vice president and people to lead his campaign. Tough on Islamic Immigration? Don't make me laugh. What about all of the extremely fundamentalist Christians America already fosters that cause harm to the LGBTQIA+ populace daily, and make life difficult for them? One of them is his Vice President and they seem to cause enough damage on their own so stop running and pointing the finger at muslims all the time - it wasn't the devout christian community coming together with the LGBTQIA+ community after Orlando, was it? It was the Islamic community and the local Imam, uniting to support the LGBTQIA+ people in Orlando whilst the Westboro Baptist Church and a range of Christian fundamentalists across America praised the slaughter of LGBTQIA+ people.

read up on some Milo Yiannopoulos

On a simple statistical and factual basis Islamic nations have higher levels of Homophobia, "secular" Turkey has the most hatecrime against gays and trans in the entirety of Europe (many gays are killed every year, beaten and stabbed).

You can s*** on Christianity all you want but nuns are not shooting up gayclubs or running over people in trucks on a weekly basis.
Two of the sharpest minds of the 21st century coming together...
Original post by #ChaosKass
Wonderful to see the two leading politicians of 2016 sharing a stage together.
:rofl: Good one!

I miss the little guy already.
The microphone was too big for him.
Just speak in English instead of trying to sound clever - **** me. What are you trying to say?
#metaphor
Original post by jape
I'll try to be monosyllabic (short words) for you. Nigel is a gifted, principled and capable politician. Trump is incompetent (bad at stuff), has fans who worship him, has no policies, is all about himself and has not got a single charitable bone in his body.
That was 65.2% monosyllabic. You didn't try hard enough.
Original post by remiremi
Nigel seems a lot more human, his mission was Brexit and you can tell he cared a hell of a lot about it.
You can also tell that he'd been paid to do this speech.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending