The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gregorius
I believe that a helicopter is de rigeur these days...

Very sensible suggestion; some of those streets look very narrow.
Original post by Serine Soul
I hope there's someone who's not afraid of spiders in my corridor. I just saw a huge one in my bathroom and now I refuse to pee

Give me a call and I'll be right there in 10 mins, a cookie per spider
Reply 422
Only a week late, ey?! Congratulations to you all for making your offers! Making me proud from all the way over the North Sea!:grouphugs:Have a bit extra fun in freshers for me!
Original post by m1m2
Only a week late, ey?! Congratulations to you all for making your offers! Making me proud from all the way over the North Sea!:grouphugs:Have a bit extra fun in freshers for me!

Thank you! How have you been doing?
Reply 424
Original post by C0balt
Thank you! How have you been doing?

Student life is a hell of a transition from school, to but it the easy way. But it is amazing, finally studying only what I love. However, reading in the Cam thread, about you all receiving your results and all, got me a wee bit jealous. You're all going to have so much fun! Had a quick look at the international exchange programs and figured that my uni has one with Cam, so you might just see me creeping in your backyards in a few months :creep:
Original post by m1m2
Student life is a hell of a transition from school, to but it the easy way. But it is amazing, finally studying only what I love. However, reading in the Cam thread, about you all receiving your results and all, got me a wee bit jealous. You're all going to have so much fun! Had a quick look at the international exchange programs and figured that my uni has one with Cam, so you might just see me creeping in your backyards in a few months :creep:

Oh your uni's already started? Glad to hear you're enjoying it!
Hahaha it would be a very pleasant surprise to see you around :tongue:
Original post by PeteM01
For example, should one be aiming to make some impact when dropping one's child off at college for the first time? Would hiring a stretched Hummer be deemed appropriate?

With flags on the bonnet.
Reply 427
Original post by C0balt
Oh your uni's already started? Glad to hear you're enjoying it!
Hahaha it would be a very pleasant surprise to see you around :tongue:

Yes! I have got my first holiday around the time where you first start uni! So might just head down to visit some friends on the British Isles, and sneak myself into freshers week #HandOverTheWine:jiggy:
Original post by Serine Soul
I heard they serve it at St Johns

Someone explain to me the connection between Oxford and St John's... Or is this just random bants...
Original post by EricPiphany
Someone explain to me the connection between Oxford and St John's... Or is this just random bants...

They're both for dickheads.
I thought that would get censored lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EricPiphany

http://thetab.com/uk/cambridge/2013/11/06/wed-rather-be-at-oxford-than-st-johns-discuss-29789

But, yes, bants.
Original post by vincrows
Wow, you must be a seriously good rower already then. Been rowing at school then?
Must tell me your real name if you get in as I want to support you when you're in the boar race. :smile:

Good luck with the trial! :smile:

(But even if you don't get in, I'm 30000000% sure you'll enjoy college rowing and Bumps= best boat race in the world. Period.)

Haha well I'm alright - I've been rowing for the last two years but my coach got me in contact with them and I am of a good enough standard to contend I think.

Will do and thanks :smile:
Original post by Duskstar
I'm trialling for CUBC and should be with them for the two weeks training before term actually starts. (Also got pooled to Christ's so no FaT :wink: )

Amazing! GOOD LUCK for the CUBC trial.

And I think Christ's could do with some good rowers too :wink:
Original post by PeteM01
Very sensible suggestion; some of those streets look very narrow.

If you're arriving in a helicoptor, make sure you don't land on their grass.
Porters of many colleges won't like it.
(Unless you're a fellow of the college)!

:tongue:
Original post by Duskstar
Haha well I'm alright - I've been rowing for the last two years but my coach got me in contact with them and I am of a good enough standard to contend I think.

Will do and thanks :smile:

Awesome!
Which seat now?

If I remember correctly, you're from London area, aren't you?
So been rowing on the Thames?
Went to see our daughter rowing for WEHORR a few times. Very different from Cam, in every sense.......

Watched Rio?
I knew men's four will get gold but watching men's eight winning gold was happiest moment for me in Rio games. Thought the day will never come......
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by vincrows
If you're arriving in a helicoptor, make sure you don't land on their grass.
Porters of many colleges won't like it.
(Unless you're a fellow of the college)!

:tongue:

Or if your at homerton

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Or if your at homerton

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll need a helicoptor to go to your lectures in time from Homerton....... I've heard it's somewhere between Cambridge and Colchester.......
Has anyone heard much from Trinity? I've had emails asking for my GCSE certificates and if family members have studied at the college but nothing about accommodation or the start of term yet!
Original post by RyanW97
Has anyone heard much from Trinity? I've had emails asking for my GCSE certificates and if family members have studied at the college but nothing about accommodation or the start of term yet!

I had an email with a workbook in and one about GCSE certificates

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending