The Student Room Group

GCSE Statistics - how many marks for an A

Anyone know the mark equivalent for an A? Wondering if i was close
What exam board? For AQA, it's 72/100 and 28/40 for Units 1H and 2 respectively. For Edexcel it's 59/100 and 28/40 for Units 1H and 2 respectively. Source [1] [2].
Reply 2
Original post by Plagioclase
What exam board? For AQA, it's 72/100 and 28/40 for Units 1H and 2 respectively. For Edexcel it's 59/100 and 28/40 for Units 1H and 2 respectively. Source [1] [2].

Edexcel - I got 126 in Statistics 1 and 33 in Statistics 2 so how far off was I overall from getting an A?
Thank you for the help :smile:
Original post by Crabber25
Edexcel - I got 126 in Statistics 1 and 33 in Statistics 2 so how far off was I overall from getting an A?
Thank you for the help :smile:

Oh no, it seems like you were 1 mark off from getting an A! It looks like those marks are UMS rather than raw marks which means you got 159/200 UMS overall and the A boundary is 160/200. Sorry about that but at least well done for practically getting an A!
Reply 4
Oh no, it seems like you were 1 mark off from getting an A! It looks like those marks are UMS rather than raw marks which means you got 159/200 UMS overall and the A boundary is 160/200. Sorry about that but at least well done for practically getting an A!

OH NOOOOO!!!! Thank you so much for the help anyway I'm still happy with that :biggrin:
Reply 5
One more thing- can I have the source from those UMS boundaries to show my teacher please? :biggrin:
Original post by Crabber25
One more thing- can I have the source from those UMS boundaries to show my teacher please? :biggrin:

Just click the blue links in my first post! But I'll post the Edexcel one again: http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/1606-GCSE-Grade-Boundaries-Template-Final.pdf
Reply 7

Ah brilliant, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest