The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What is the easiest step paper? What is the hardest step paper?
Are olympiads harder or on the same level as STEP papers?
Reply 42
How long did it take you guys to become confident with STEP?
Reply 43
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz

STEP I.

STEP II or III depending on who you ask.

Are olympiads harder or on the same level as STEP papers?

BMO2/IMO is far harder.

Original post by joodaa
How long did it take you guys to become confident with STEP?

A month or two.
Reply 44
Has anyone sat STEP the year before applying? If so, how did you report your grade to universities (how do they verify them etc.)?
Original post by Zacken
STEP I.

BMO2/IMO is far harder.

A month or two.
Thanks! Is it possible for someone to progress to BMO1/BMO2 via UKSMC?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 46

For me, II was a bit harder than III.
Original post by to4ka
For me, II was a bit harder than III.

Oh really might challenge myself with II papers. So you've got a plane at uni now?
Reply 48
Oh really might challenge myself with II papers. So you've got a plane at uni now?

Nope but I'm applying this year. I wouldn't suggest touching STEP II or III that early, save them for later.
Original post by to4ka
Nope but I'm applying this year. I wouldn't suggest touching STEP II or III that early, save them for later.
Ok advice noted. Focusing on STEP I papers then. When would be the best time to look into the others?
Reply 50
Ok advice noted. Focusing on STEP I papers then. When would be the best time to look into the others?

As the OP says, most will start in February when they have received their offers. I'd say when you're really confident with STEP I (and you've done most of the papers), you may look into II and III. You have a lot of time to prepare, you may well focus on other stuff now.

EDIT: I don't mean that you have to spend ~6 months on STEP I and then move on. :biggrin: Also, read the OP carefully, it's full of useful info.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by Zacken
STEP I.

BMO2/IMO is far harder.

A month or two.

OO that's quick judging by that siklos dudes booklets I think it will take me a while longer than that
Original post by to4ka
As the OP says, most will start in February when they have received their offers. I'd say when you're really confident with STEP I (and you've done most of the papers), you may look into II and III. You have a lot of time to prepare, you may well focus on other stuff now.

EDIT: I don't mean that you have to spend ~6 months on STEP I and then move on. :biggrin: Also, read the OP carefully, it's full of useful info.
Ah yeah sorry. I'll read the first post thoroughly. Just skimmed over it at first.
Original post by 11234
I just cant be bothered to do the ps...will it matter too much

I think it's worth mustering up the willpower? It's only the rest of your life.
Reply 54
Ah yeah sorry. I'll read the first post thoroughly.

It's not there for nothing. :tongue:
Original post by to4ka
Has anyone sat STEP the year before applying? If so, how did you report your grade to universities (how do they verify them etc.)?

You can just enter it on UCAS and you'll have a statement of results given with step results for proof.
Original post by 11234
grr.. its just so boring it just takes up maths time. Could you read it over? Should I pm it to you

I can, sure.
Reply 57
Original post by EnglishMuon
You can just enter it on UCAS and you'll have a statement of results given with step results for proof.

Enter it where? I've already sat the exam. And can the statement of results really be considered proof?

Posted from TSR Mobile

STEP 1 is the easiest - STEP 2&3 it depends on the year - I'd say earlier on in the school year STEP 3 is generally harder as is based on concepts which are slightly less intuitive - but once you've covered everything STEP 3 gets easier and STEP 2 overtakes it.
Original post by to4ka
Enter it where? I've already sat the exam. And can the statement of results really be considered proof?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're applying via UCAS after you've sat the exam, enter it on UCAS in ur qualifications section. just put the exam name as the 'other' option and manually enter it. yea the statement of results is proof, just like ums sheets from school is proof of other qualifications.

Latest

Trending

Trending