RE (edexcel) - A*
German (OCR) - A*
Geography(OCR) - A
Core Science (AQA) - A
Additional Science (AQA) - A
Further Additional Science (AQA) - A
History(OCR)- A
Hi @samaad1

To summarise what has already been said, everyone has to go through this year and fear won't make it any easier.

Yes, the exams will be harder, but that means the grade boundaries will be lower :biggrin:

Good luck revising (especially the Lit quotes) and hope you make the most of this year

You'll do fine :top:
Original post by bjt1882
Hi again. Haven't been on TSR for like a week now xD. Nice to see a new thead too. Seems to be more new people than the year 10 one as well. I saw somebody ask about English Literature, I'm doing Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde and Lord of the Flies. Happy to help if anybody needs it. Enjoy Year 11 :wink:. When do you all go back? I go back on Monday the 5th.

Hi! Most people seem to be going back on the 5th, me included. I too am doing Macbeth and Dr. Jekyll, but I'm doing An Inspector Calls as my third! :wink:

Original post by LucieRoseP
Hi!
I am taking maths, English lit, English language, triple science, RE, music, french and history. Because I'm new(ish) to the school I am predicted all B's. I would like to do better than that but am not sure how realistic that is! Especially as I'm behind on all my coursework and lived in America for the past two years so have been studying different things :s-smilie:
We go back on the 7th but I'm going a day early to help with Year 7 induction.

Hi! Pre-mock predictions are, tbh, often inaccurate. I'm sure you can do better with the appropriate effort! :biggrin: I would definitely recommend catching up on coursework, even if that means spending a bit of time with your teachers after-school. I really wouldn't advise leaving it until the deadline, then you'll likely overwork yourself and burn yourself out. That's why I'd recommend working on it over time.
Reply 223
I go back on Tuesday the 6th and for English I'm doing an inspector calls, Romeo and Juliet and pride and prejudice
I also get my RE back today and get an A* :smile:
Original post by kat.e
I go back on Tuesday the 6th and for English I'm doing an inspector calls, Romeo and Juliet and pride and prejudice
I also get my RE back today and get an A* :smile:

Awesome! :biggrin:

That is great to hear!
Hi everyone. I made a thread about this earlier but I just thought I'd ask here too about whether I should get a remark or not. I got R.E. and Psychology back today and I got 100 UMS in R.E. which was in A* but in Psychology I got an A. I got A*s in my mocks and got full marks throughout the year. I think I'm two marks off A* from what I've understood. Do you think I should get a remark? Btw I got 172 UMS and needed 180 for an A*.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by thepewds_
Hi everyone. I made a thread about this earlier but I just thought I'd ask here too about whether I should get a remark or not. I got R.E. and Psychology back today and I got 100 UMS in R.E. which was in A* but in Psychology I got an A. I got A*s in my mocks and got full marks throughout the year. I think I'm two marks off A* from what I've understood. Do you think I should get a remark? Btw I got 171 UMS and needed 180 for an A*.

Tbh, I wouldn't really bother unless it's important to you. Well done on your results though! :biggrin:
Original post by _gcx
Tbh, I wouldn't really bother unless it's important to you. Well done on your results though! :biggrin:

Thanks!! :smile: Might sound silly but it is quite important to me. I'm just really disappointed and confused
Original post by thepewds_
Thanks!! :smile: Might sound silly but it is quite important to me. I'm just really disappointed and confused

If it is important to you, then I'd say go ahead! :biggrin:
Original post by _gcx
If it is important to you, then I'd say go ahead! :biggrin:

Okay. Thanks very much :smile:
Hi I'm xxnoodlezxx and I am taking Maths, English lit, English land, RE, Triple science, science, geography, business, art and maybe further maths 😀. I'm really worried for next year and the new grading system 😢. today I picked up
My core science and RE Results. I got an A* in science and A in RE. I'm disappointed with my RE grade though but I hate RE and am glad to not be studying it anymore. I am going to use it as motivation for next year ☺️
Original post by xxNoodlezxx
Hi I'm xxnoodlezxx and I am taking Maths, English lit, English land, RE, Triple science, science, geography, business, art and maybe further maths 😀. I'm really worried for next year and the new grading system 😢. today I picked up
My core science and RE Results. I got an A* in science and A in RE. I'm disappointed with my RE grade though but I hate RE and am glad to not be studying it anymore. I am going to use it as motivation for next year ☺️

Hi xxnoodlezxx!

You shouldn't be disappointed with an A and A*. It's definitely a good start! :biggrin:

Is there any specific reason you're worried for next year?
Reply 232
How is everyone going to plan and organise their revision? How will you structure a revision timetable?
Original post by e2014
How is everyone going to plan and organise their revision? How will you structure a revision timetable?

I'll revise what I feel I need to. When I get around to do revision, I will do gap analysis for each of my subjects, like every few days, to find which topics I need to focus on, and create a plan based off that. I find extensive plans to be too restrictive, and I often end up distracting from them anyway. :P
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by _gcx
Hi xxnoodlezxx!

You shouldn't be disappointed with an A and A*. It's definitely a good start! :biggrin:

Is there any specific reason you're worried for next year?

Thanks! :biggrin: Im worried because I usually get As and A*s but in english and maths i get 5s and a few 6s. This is the top set average for our year but I really would like 7s and 8s. Im also worried as I want to take further maths but it may be too much for me. Do you think its wise to?
Original post by xxNoodlezxx
Thanks! :biggrin: Im worried because I usually get As and A*s but in english and maths i get 5s and a few 6s. This is the top set average for our year but I really would like 7s and 8s. Im also worried as I want to take further maths but it may be too much for me. Do you think its wise to?

If you enjoy Maths, I'd definitely recommend it.

I would look at where you went wrong in all mocks that you have done to identify points of weakness. With Maths, just having the knowledge isn't really enough, you need to know how to apply it, so practice questions are the best way to go. I wouldn't be worried this early, tbh.
Original post by _gcx
If you enjoy Maths, I'd definitely recommend it.

I would look at where you went wrong in all mocks that you have done to identify points of weakness. With Maths, just having the knowledge isn't really enough, you need to know how to apply it, so practice questions are the best way to go. I wouldn't be worried this early, tbh.

Okay, Thanks! :biggrin:
I was just wondering how are triple science grades calculated
Original post by Glitzmania
I was just wondering how are triple science grades calculated

The marks for each paper are converted into "UMS", which is a scaled mark. Each "raw" (out of 60) mark has a UMS conversion (out of 80). They are all added up, including the controlled assessment, and the boundaries are applied as follows: 90% for an A*, 80% for an A, 70% for a B, etc., and 40% for an E. These boundaries are the same for every single subject of every single qualification that used UMS. This "UMS" mark is the one that you see on your paper. :wink:
Original post by _gcx
The marks for each paper are converted into "UMS", which is a scaled mark. Each "raw" (out of 60) mark has a UMS conversion (out of 80). They are all added up, including the controlled assessment, and the boundaries are applied as follows: 90% for an A*, 80% for an A, 70% for a B, etc., and 40% for an E. These boundaries are the same for every single subject of every single qualification that used UMS. This "UMS" mark is the one that you see on your paper. :wink:

But how do u get individual grades for biology chemistry and physics because I have done my core science exam and I still have unit two And three to do

Latest