The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lopes123
hey cerian its lopes 123. thank you so much, I'm sooo happy, tbh I wasn't expecting to get the highest grades. I'm excited for college and the course I'm doing. so what are you planning to do in September. :smile:

I'll be in Year 11 this September, but I'm hoping to stay at school afterwards and do some A Levels in 6th form. What course are you doing in college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nnitrk
Hey I'm looking to apply to medicine at Cambridge and I got my results today.I got 8A* 4As. I have a diverse range of extracurriculurs but I was wondering whether these results would at least give me a shot at medicine at Cambridge?Cheers
There fine but you need to do chemistry at a level and get top marks or they won't even consider you.
Original post by iEthan
Hey!

Congratulations. As long as you're happy and you've achieved the best results for you, that's all anyone could ever ask for. Well done! :biggrin:

Thank you. Hopefully I'll get even better results in Year 11 as I'm going to start actually putting some effort in, but on the whole, I'm pretty happy with this year's outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hey It's Cerian
Thank you. Hopefully I'll get even better results in Year 11 as I'm going to start actually putting some effort in, but on the whole, I'm pretty happy with this year's outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've got this. :dumbells:
Original post by mass_
I GOT :
WJEC ART: A*
WJEC BUSINESS: A*
AQA PSYCHOLOGY: A
WJEC ENGLISH LIT: A*
WJEC HISTORY: A*
WJEC MATHS: A*
WJEC RE: A*
WJEC BIOLOGY: A*
WJEC CHEMISTRY: A*
WJEC PHYSICS: A*
WJEC WELSH : A*
WJEC ENGLISH LANGUAGE: A*

Hope everyone got what they want! xo

Congratulations!!!
Original post by Starlight15
5Cs, 3Bs and an A not the best in the world but I'm proud of it :h: I'm really happy!!!

Thank you everyone for the support in this thread I'm going to miss it even the people who stayed here till the very end :smile: year 12 here we come!!!

Congratulations! :biggrin:
I got:
CIE iGCSE English Lit: A*
CIE iGCSE English Lang: A*
CIE iGCSE History: A*
Edexcel iGCSE Maths(Higher) : A*
Edexcel iGCSE Double Science: A*A*
Edexcel iGCSE French (Higher): A*
OCR GCSE Philisophy & Ethics: A*
Edexcel GCSE Theatre Studies: A*
AQA Fine Art: B (lol)
I got a total of 9A*s and a B, so I'm happy. Looking to study History at Oxford, the results on the right track?
Original post by annasophie12
I got:
CIE iGCSE English Lit: A*
CIE iGCSE English Lang: A*
CIE iGCSE History: A*
Edexcel iGCSE Maths(Higher) : A*
Edexcel iGCSE Double Science: A*A*
Edexcel iGCSE French (Higher): A*
OCR GCSE Philisophy & Ethics: A*
Edexcel GCSE Theatre Studies: A*
AQA Fine Art: B (lol)
I got a total of 9A*s and a B, so I'm happy. Looking to study History at Oxford, the results on the right track?

Congratulations! Of course they are. :smile:
I'm overall very happy with my results! I was really hoping that I'd just managed to get an A* in English Literature, but I ended up with a mid A grade (i.e. not very close to an A* and not worth getting remarked) so I'm a very tiny bit disappointed, but I'm blaming my teacher for that one lol. However, I got an A* in Health and Social Care when I expected to either get an A or more likely a B so that makes up for it. I got a D in my H&SC mock in March, but I've decided that it must have been because how my teacher marked it because I didn't do very much different in the real exam and got full UMS.

Although it didn't change my grade, both my Computing and Spanish controlled assessment marks went down after moderation - Computing A452 went down by 2 marks and Spanish speaking went down by about 4 (I can't remember exactly what my teacher gave me but it was 3 or 4 marks above what I got).

My best result was RS, which I got full UMS in (and after looking at the raw mark -> UMS converter, I think that means I got either full marks or one mark off full marks)!

I wish I could see my mark for maths and sciences but neither of them use UMS (sciences are IGCSE) so it's not on my results sheet.

I ended up staying at school for about an hour, and I also had to sort out my A Level choices because my school messed up and seemed to think that everyone who wanted to do Computer Science wanted to do Graphics.
Original post by lonyeka
I got: 2A*s 6As and 4Bs. I know this is good but I'm still a bit upset as I thought I might do a little better. I'm gonna get 3 subjects remarked as I was 3 marks, 2 marks and 1 mark off of an A.Is there any point attempting to get into Oxford? Or should I just move on? I went to a state school and got one of the best results in the year. Does that strengthen my case? I'm willing to work very hard to get good A Levels.
As long as you have at least a C in English language and maths they don't really bother looking at the rest of your GCSEs, its A levels that matter to them but you would need to get top marks to be offered a place.
Hi guys, Im about to leave for university so listen to me when i tell you this.
To those of you who did great, congrats, you'll probably do well in A levels too. To those of you who didnt do so great and are down about it, its really not the end of the world. Ultimately, GCSEs dont mean much so dont think your life is suddenly ruined. But what i will tell you is that you will need to work extremely hard in your A levels in these next two years. People will tell you its a huge step from GCSEs to a levels. At first I didnt believe it, but oh boy were they true. A levels don't mean too much once you've got into uni, but they are important for actually getting you into uni (particularly teacher references and predicted grades).

Im bad at concluding these paragraphs but yeah you get my point
****ing hell I'm literally 1 mark off an A in english language and like 3 marks off in Business (I didn't care about business, got C by 1 mark in coursework but a high A in exam, and 37/40 in the first one which is a B lol if i ticked one of the boxes properly i would have 38)
I'm also close in RE and D&T Resistant Materials

and also like 5 marks off an A* in maths because I can't add fractions, solve a simple equation and draw lines on graphs :smile:
Original post by Pedrex
Is getting all C's and one B a good result? I look around and people are getting A and are still unhappy. Have i done badly or good guys? I have mixed feelings at the moment!:s-smilie:
You did brilliant. I would have been well impressed with myself if I'd managed that when I did the majority of mine and it means that you won't have to resit anything later on.
Can somebody give a link to cie igcse english grade boundaries!!!!
I got Bs in the English Language and Maths (2 marks off an A, so I should be getting it remarked), As in Core Science, Additional Science, Spanish, History and Art, and A*s in English Literature, Media Studies and Ethics. I'm disappointed in English Language since I did better in the mocks and it'll be a little frustrating if my Maths doesn't go up, but I'm pretty happy overall. :smile: Well done everyone!
Guys I got 87% in IGCSE english. 90% is an A* i think. Should I remark it?

Also, for history on A011 I got 71 UMS and 72 is an A. If I had got 72 UMS = A grade on A011 then overall my history grade would be A* as well. Should I remark that aswell?
Can someone please tell me how many marks u need to get a C for AQA SCA1HP and SCA2HP higher paper? And how many marks is a C for IGCSE english language cambridge?
Hi everyone i am quite gutted with mine as i was predicted with all As and one B but here's what i got

I got 1 A*, 5As and 4Bs

and i know some will say that they are good but i was expecting soo much more but all i can do now is accept it and move on and try harder for my A Levels

Congratulations to everyone !!
Here are my results:

Maths Biology Chemistry Physics Geography French R.S. A* ; Additional maths (max grade A), English and PE A)

So that is 7A*s 3As :smile:

Congratulations everyone!
Feel so disappointed 😫

1 A
1 B
3 Cs
2Ds
2Es
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest