The Student Room Group

Official GCSE Edexcel Statistics 27th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lolol9
Yup, sorry for any confusion but which sampling method did you circle for the company?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was cluster sampling - randomly selecting existing groups in the population, but unlike stratification, is not entirely representative
Original post by Jack WM
It was 0.5, as AuB is A or B occuring- so you had to do 0.4x0.5=0.2 and 0.6x0.5=0.3 and then add them, at least that's what I thought was the answer

OMGGGGGG I put that and everyone else got different answers so I was stressing out. My teacher got given the exam paper after we had done it so she got 0.85 since apparently you have to add A and B (0.6+0.5) and then take away the AnB thingy so it was 1.1-0.25

I hope you're right x
Reply 22
Did anyone get 216 degrees for the question on finding the angle of IOS for pie chart?
Original post by smhwang9
Did anyone get 216 degrees for the question on finding the angle of IOS for pie chart?

I got 51.4 or something around that
Reply 24
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Keerth4na
I got 51.4 or something around that

Me too!
Original post by lolol9
What did everyone get for the spearmens rank question? I got something like 0.704 my calculation was 1- 6x48 divide by 10(100-10.

Posted from TSR Mobile

IIRC there was a couple of spearman's rank questions but I think I got 0.8 something making it a strong correlation (that might have been the past paper I did on Saturday though)
Original post by Lemur14
Me too!

IIRC there was a couple of spearman's rank questions but I think I got 0.8 something making it a strong correlation (that might have been the past paper I did on Saturday though)

My teacher got a sample of the paper and she worked out that the spearmans rank was 0.709 with the 09 recurring which would round it up to 0.709.
For the index number did you guys get 91 ( I got 91.4 something and rounded down) and in my class for the "what type of survey is this" question, everyone put secondary but I put that it was primary data since they collected the survey themselves. Ugh I am so stressed about this exam jeez
My teacher got a sample of the paper and she worked out that the spearmans rank was 0.709 with the 09 recurring which would round it up to 0.709.
For the index number did you guys get 91 ( I got 91.4 something and rounded down) and in my class for the "what type of survey is this" question, everyone put secondary but I put that it was primary data since they collected the survey themselves. Ugh I am so stressed about this exam jeez

I really don't remember now, sorry(too many end of year exams since). For some reason I'm thinking I got 92, but again that could have been a past paper I did. I think I also put primary data as they were collecting the data from the hospitals, rather than asking the hospitals to collect data from the future but I might be wrong.
Original post by Lemur14
I really don't remember now, sorry(too many end of year exams since). For some reason I'm thinking I got 92, but again that could have been a past paper I did. I think I also put primary data as they were collecting the data from the hospitals, rather than asking the hospitals to collect data from the future but I might be wrong.

I probably got it wrong oh well. Im guessing you're in year 11 then if you've had lots of exams since? Im in year 10 x
I probably got it wrong oh well. Im guessing you're in year 11 then if you've had lots of exams since? Im in year 10 x

I'm just as likely to have got it wrong lol. I think, excluding the coursework, we spent about 20 hours total on the course so we missed a lot of things out (our teacher hates stats and didn't want us to do it so he was staging a mini protest). I'm actually year 10, but we had mocks the week before stats and the week of stats. I could tell you weren't year 11 lol because stats was the second last year 11 exam which most year 10s don't realise but year 11s would as they get freedom after it :biggrin:
Reply 30
Yup I got the same for chain base or index number

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
I'm just as likely to have got it wrong lol. I think, excluding the coursework, we spent about 20 hours total on the course so we missed a lot of things out (our teacher hates stats and didn't want us to do it so he was staging a mini protest). I'm actually year 10, but we had mocks the week before stats and the week of stats. I could tell you weren't year 11 lol because stats was the second last year 11 exam which most year 10s don't realise but year 11s would as they get freedom after it :biggrin:

ahh okay lol. I really want an A* but on my coursework I did really badly (idk why since I looked at the specification and did almost everything on the A* tier) but anyway that means that I need 87 percent on the exam :/

p.s is the very last exam product design?
ahh okay lol. I really want an A* but on my coursework I did really badly (idk why since I looked at the specification and did almost everything on the A* tier) but anyway that means that I need 87 percent on the exam :/

p.s is the very last exam product design?

I really want an A* as well. I think my coursework went alright but it's been moderated 3 times since so who knows what I got finally (originally got 36/40). I think I needed about 80% based on past grade boundaries and assuming I went down 4 marks in the CA which I was generally hitting in past papers so hopefully I should be ok, though I didn't come out of the exam feeling it went well so who knows!
I got an A* guys! What did everyone else get xx
I got an A* guys! What did everyone else get xx

Well done!
I got an A but with 179 ums :cry:
my coursework was marked down from 37/40 to 29/40 which is a pain and I got 78/100 on the exam. Considering a remark but my mum isn't convinced. I've been on holiday for a week and only got back yesterday though so hopefully I can persuade her now we're actually talking face to face rather than texting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending