The Student Room Group

It's definitely worth getting a remark here, right?

So I got a C overall in english language. Apparently I got a D in the actual exam but my A grade coursework brought it up.

I have always gotten A's in the english language exam and in the mock I was 1 mark off of A*.

I have pretty bad handwriting so the examiner probably could not be bothered to try and read it to mark it properly (which is incredibly unfair, some people just naturally have bad handwriting and can't improve it)

I think its worth getting a remark but just wanted to check. Obviously english is a subject where results could change after a remark.
Original post by epage
So I got a C overall in english language. Apparently I got a D in the actual exam but my A grade coursework brought it up.

I have always gotten A's in the english language exam and in the mock I was 1 mark off of A*.

I have pretty bad handwriting so the examiner probably could not be bothered to try and read it to mark it properly (which is incredibly unfair, some people just naturally have bad handwriting and can't improve it)

I think its worth getting a remark but just wanted to check. Obviously english is a subject where results could change after a remark.

English is a subjective subject so it doesn't have a strict right or wrong answer so in my opinion I would go for it, especially as you may already have a reason for why it is lower than you expected it to be. I hope you achieve the grade you deserve!
Original post by epage

Ask for a copy of your paper first and look at it with your teacher before spending a lot of money you may not get back.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Ask for a copy of your paper first and look at it with your teacher before spending a lot of money you may not get back.

@originalthreadposter

This is very true- but , if you are positively certain that your paper was worth much higher,then, I would jump straight into it, rather than prolonging the process-there are deadlines you have to meet for an enquiry, so do consider that.

However, if you are slightly unsure, then I would look into it with the teacher like the quoted stated, as you could run the risk of it getting lowered.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest