The Student Room Group

Surviving physics a level

Next year Im starting my A levels and I am really nervous about physics. Although I got an A in my gcse physics I feel that I wont be able to get an A in physics a level - but I really want to give it a shot. Any tips for getting a good grade in physics a level...
Thanks!
Its alright, AS physics is pretty similar to GCSE and the content isn't that hard, and quite interesting (for AQA at least). The difficulties arise with the practical exams, which I believe they are getting rid of this year, and also with some of the A2 exams.
well I'll have to disagree there, it depends massively on the individual and the teaching
Don't stress about getting an A now lol.
Try learning some of the content yourself and if you can manage that then you'll be okay.

Tips? Keep at it. If it gets hard then YouTube & random google searches should help.
Then past paper questions although I didn't do that much myself as in class my teacher would put them in our class tests.
I found that just making notes and really trying to understand and visualise what is going on helped me the most.

I still dont really get some things now tbh haha
Plus its an excuse not to do past papers lol

I stressed about not getting an A after one of my exams. Dw if its hard then boundaries can be really low especially with the new spec.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Thank you! All of your advice are deeply appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest