The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Changing Skies
You usually have to ask your teacher for the marks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which exam board is this for? :smile: your results are in UMS and some boards have UMS to raw mark calculators :smile: well done on your excellent marks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! It was for AQA Ive found the calculator but I also do computer science with AQA and they didn't give me separate grades for controlled assessment and exam and they didn't give me my mark equivalent for further maths so i'm not sure how far away i am from the grade boundaries x
Can anyone find the overall raw mark boundaries for AQA exams? I can find the raw marks for each separate unit, which is helpful, but I want to know how many raw marks I was off the overall grade (for example AQA Science and Additional Science).
Original post by jakekaiser
Can anyone find the overall raw mark boundaries for AQA exams? I can find the raw marks for each separate unit, which is helpful, but I want to know how many raw marks I was off the overall grade (for example AQA Science and Additional Science).

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days/grade-boundaries-and-ums/ums-converter

You have to choose your qualification and the examination and it will convert UMS and raw xx
What does *2 mean in btec dance GCSE?
cant believe i was only 2 marks off an A in further maths. i was still surprised that i even got a B. - Is it worth a remark?
Original post by Heathermccoll
What does *2 mean in btec dance GCSE?

This means a distinction* (equivalent of A*!)
Original post by Wammyburger
cant believe i was only 2 marks off an A in further maths. i was still surprised that i even got a B. - Is it worth a remark?

Probably not - marks in Maths are usually marked correctly. Well done on the B though!
Original post by usycool1
Probably not - marks in Maths are usually marked correctly. Well done on the B though!

thanks very much
Reply 189
I am so shocked!!!
4 A*s- chemistry, physics (?!), geography and religious studies
5 As- biology, English language, English literature, French and home economics
1 B- maths

Like I was predicted a D at the beggining of the year for physics but I got an A*
I'm super shocked but so so proud of myself :')
Hope everyone got what they wanted and more xx
Original post by Mez.
I am so shocked!!!
4 A*s- chemistry, physics (?!), geography and religious studies
5 As- biology, English language, English literature, French and home economics
1 B- maths

Like I was predicted a D at the beggining of the year for physics but I got an A*
I'm super shocked but so so proud of myself :':wink:
Hope everyone got what they wanted and more xx

Amazing, congratulations :h:
I'm pretty sure i am 1 mark off a c in maths. :frown:
Hi
I got 188 ums for English and 210 is a b. I got a c. This is 6 marks off a b but 4 marks off a D. Do I risk a remark.?
Reply 193
when i go on the ums converter for AQA GCSE they only have 2015 series available? have they not updated it?
Original post by gmus
when i go on the ums converter for AQA GCSE they only have 2015 series available? have they not updated it?

What device are you using? If I remember correctly it seems to update earlier on a phone rather than a laptop etc, because I have the option for 2016! I can do it for you if necessary :smile:
I got 259/300 in GCSE Aqa Spanish and I got an A. Does anyone know what I would need for an A*
Original post by School12345
I got 259/300 in GCSE Aqa Spanish and I got an A. Does anyone know what I would need for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 197
Amazing, congratulations :h:

Thank you! :smile:)
How long is the period in which a paper can be sent for a remark? I was 1 mark off an A in Eng Literature. Could I just wait and discuss it with my teacher when I go back to school on 5th Sep or would that be too late?
Reply 199
What device are you using? If I remember correctly it seems to update earlier on a phone rather than a laptop etc, because I have the option for 2016! I can do it for you if necessary :smile:

I've been using a laptop but ill try on my phone now! Thank you!

Latest