The Student Room Group

Resitting one module whilst at university?

I got a B in Economics (my four module marks were aaae), and if it doesn't change with a remark, is it worth retaking the module I got an E in whilst I am at university? I only need a high D grade to get an A overall, and if I get an A in the subject I will be eligible for a fee reduction at my university . . . Any advice?
Original post by Edminzodo
I got a B in Economics (my four module marks were aaae), and if it doesn't change with a remark, is it worth retaking the module I got an E in whilst I am at university? I only need a high D grade to get an A overall, and if I get an A in the subject I will be eligible for a fee reduction at my university . . . Any advice?

Would it reduce your fees from the second year onwards?

Just check, there's the danger that your exam could be scheduled during your uni exams - and those take priority.

But if you have, say, 2 or 3 weeks between your last uni exam and your A-level exam then yeah I'd say go for it.

Good luck with the remark though!
Original post by SeanFM
Would it reduce your fees from the second year onwards?

Just check, there's the danger that your exam could be scheduled during your uni exams - and those take priority.

But if you have, say, 2 or 3 weeks between your last uni exam and your A-level exam then yeah I'd say go for it.

Good luck with the remark though!

Thanks, Sean! I'd have to check with the university but in theory it should. And I finish on 10th June next year. This year the exam was on 20th June, so hopefully it will be around a similar time next year, and I will have enough time to revise! But hopefully it will go up with a remark and I won't have to worry about this!
Original post by Edminzodo
Thanks, Sean! I'd have to check with the university but in theory it should. And I finish on 10th June next year. This year the exam was on 20th June, so hopefully it will be around a similar time next year, and I will have enough time to revise! But hopefully it will go up with a remark and I won't have to worry about this!

Your uni will most likely have term dates set already. You could have your last exam a week before the end date but there's no guarantee, and I do not think unis even know/decide exam dates until much later on (for summer exams)

Have a look at timetables online as well for the exam board (A-level). They may have a finalised version of the exam timetable already so if you're lucky you'll know whether it's possible or not. Don't trust provisional timetables, though.

Quick Reply

Latest