The Student Room Group

Will They Accept Me? (Drama GCSE)

Hi everyone, before I go into my own problems I hope everyone got the GCSE/A-Level results they were hoping for! And if you didn't, I'm always up to messaging so I can hopefully give some advice on the situation.

Also, sorry if I'm not meant to post this here- I'm relatively new to actually posting on these forums, so.. Feel free to take this down if it's not in the right place.

Anyway, I'm going to college in September and my enrollment is tomorrow. I want to do Performing Arts Level 3, and it is the only thing I want to do in life. Nothing else sounds good to me.
The practical examinations went by in a breeze, and I got an A overall for that. So you can imagine my absolute shock when I opened my results and saw that I'd gotten an overall D in Drama itself. I absolutely failed the written exam (I don't know how, I got a U, even though I worked my butt off to achieve good results).
So now I'm absolutely crapping myself because without that GCSE, I can't get into college. However, because I have an A in my practical, and I also have a doctor's note (I have hyperthyroidism which greatly affected my concentration throughout Year 10 and the beginning of Year 11), is there a possibility that they'll still accept me? I really hope so because like I said, this is the only thing I want to do, and I've applied nowhere else. I'm so worried, I wasn't expecting this at all.
Original post by princedoggo
Hi everyone, before I go into my own problems I hope everyone got the GCSE/A-Level results they were hoping for! And if you didn't, I'm always up to messaging so I can hopefully give some advice on the situation.

Also, sorry if I'm not meant to post this here- I'm relatively new to actually posting on these forums, so.. Feel free to take this down if it's not in the right place.

Anyway, I'm going to college in September and my enrollment is tomorrow. I want to do Performing Arts Level 3, and it is the only thing I want to do in life. Nothing else sounds good to me.
The practical examinations went by in a breeze, and I got an A overall for that. So you can imagine my absolute shock when I opened my results and saw that I'd gotten an overall D in Drama itself. I absolutely failed the written exam (I don't know how, I got a U, even though I worked my butt off to achieve good results).
So now I'm absolutely crapping myself because without that GCSE, I can't get into college. However, because I have an A in my practical, and I also have a doctor's note (I have hyperthyroidism which greatly affected my concentration throughout Year 10 and the beginning of Year 11), is there a possibility that they'll still accept me? I really hope so because like I said, this is the only thing I want to do, and I've applied nowhere else. I'm so worried, I wasn't expecting this at all.

Hey, I am really sorry to hear that you where not very happy with your results today. However, remember that this grades are just letters... nothing more really. Now, this would really depend on which college you will go to? I would personally say that there is a good change you will be accepted onto the Level 3 due to hopefully passing your English and Maths.

However if they don't then you always have the option of doing Level 2 and next year moving into Level 3. That would mean more experience for you, more exploration of the amazing craft of acting, when you move into Level 3 you will have a good understanding of the teachers and college, still get there and know that you have not just given up. The only downside I can see is that you will have to spend three years in college. However, that is much better then just giving up on your dream.

Why do I say this? I know this from first hand. I sadly was placed into Level 2 and today got my grades which where the second highest possible... This ensured that I have a secure place for the Level 3. I have the chance to continue to enjoy myself onto Performing Arts (Acting) Level 3. What I really want to say is that even if you have to go to Level 2 that does not mean that you are any less or worse. It means that you have the chance to really prove yourself!

I wish you good luck and please make sure you keep us up to date :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Sgt.Golden
Hey, I am really sorry to hear that you where not very happy with your results today. However, remember that this grades are just letters... nothing more really. Now, this would really depend on which college you will go to? I would personally say that there is a good change you will be accepted onto the Level 3 due to hopefully passing your English and Maths.

However if they don't then you always have the option of doing Level 2 and next year moving into Level 3. That would mean more experience for you, more exploration of the amazing craft of acting, when you move into Level 3 you will have a good understanding of the teachers and college, still get there and know that you have not just given up. The only downside I can see is that you will have to spend three years in college. However, that is much better then just giving up on your dream.

Why do I say this? I know this from first hand. I sadly was placed into Level 2 and today got my grades which where the second highest possible... This ensured that I have a secure place for the Level 3. I have the chance to continue to enjoy myself onto Performing Arts (Acting) Level 3. What I really want to say is that even if you have to go to Level 2 that does not mean that you are any less or worse. It means that you have the chance to really prove yourself!

I wish you good luck and please make sure you keep us up to date :smile:

Thanks a lot for your reply! Thankfully, my course teacher didn't seem the slight bit interested in the fact that I failed - he seemed a little bit shocked but he enrolled me anyway!
Original post by princedoggo
Thanks a lot for your reply! Thankfully, my course teacher didn't seem the slight bit interested in the fact that I failed - he seemed a little bit shocked but he enrolled me anyway!

Amazing! I wish you all the best and I really hope you enjoy the course. You sure made my nigh hearing this good news :smile: :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest