The Student Room Group

Help ASAP

I recently got my GCSE Results back and i have gotten everything pretty good B ro A except for English and Maths which were both a D. I have no literal idea of what to do now. I dont even know what college to goto now (Need recommendation i live in Harrow). Thanks

Im trying to do Music Based Btec or A-levels is it a possibility (performance, sound engineering etc)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by taey304
I recently got my GCSE Results back and i have gotten everything pretty good B ro A except for English and Maths which were both a D. I have no literal idea of what to do now. I dont even know what college to goto now (Need recommendation i live in Harrow). Thanks

Your sixth form or college will likely make you retake your maths and english GCSE if you're planning on going to university you need at least a C grade or above in english and maths GCSE and employers usually require these grades
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Can you not resit privately or at college. Tbf the only important GCSEs are English and Maths, you need them at a C.
Reply 3
Original post by 0range
Can you not resit privately or at college. Tbf the only important GCSEs are English and Maths, you need them at a C.

I haven't asked to do a re-sit yet im going to uxbridge on the 26th to ask
Reply 4
Original post by taey304
I haven't asked to do a re-sit yet im going to uxbridge on the 26th to ask

Most colleges who accept students without these now offer (and insist on) maths and English resists, if you don't have A*-C, as part of their courses. It'll likely be built in to your timetable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Barnet college, St james in Colindale i think will allow you to resit those exams and aswell do some coursework A-level subjects?
Reply 6
Got to Harrow College. Ask to retake English and Maths alongside your A levels. They may allow you. I went to harrow College and a lot of people also did a GCSE alongside their A levels so they are likely to allow it.
Reply 7
I can do the Re-sit its just im scared of not being accepted into a college that has the Course i want to pursuit
Reply 8
Original post by taey304
I can do the Re-sit its just im scared of not being accepted into a college that has the Course i want to pursuit

You may not get in to your current choice (only they can confirm that) but there will be places that will accept you, don't worry. You'll find somewhere, try to stay calm about it. You can also ask your school for advice on local places that would accept you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by kpwxx
You may not get in to your current choice (only they can confirm that) but there will be places that will accept you, don't worry. You'll find somewhere, try to stay calm about it. You can also ask your school for advice on local places that would accept you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just wanted to thank you, I've been accepted and able to re take my exams and got my choice for Music :smile: !
Reply 10
Original post by taey304
Just wanted to thank you, I've been accepted and able to re take my exams and got my choice for Music :smile: !

Congratulations!!! Have fun, and good luck with the resits, you were close this year so you'll make it next year with some effort :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by kpwxx
Congratulations!!! Have fun, and good luck with the resits, you were close this year so you'll make it next year with some effort :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest