The Student Room Group

Can I retake Science?

I failed both Core and additonal science was only few marks away from C in both
so can I retake them next year?
Reply 1
Original post by StrangeLife99
I failed both Core and additonal science was only few marks away from C in both
so can I retake them next year?

It is wise to retake your science GCSE if you want to do it for A Level?? most university would prefer to have science GCSE at a C grade or above but mostly look at maths and english at at least a C grade. What year are you in currently?
Original post by MMR16
It is wise to retake your science GCSE if you want to do it for A Level?? most university would prefer to have science GCSE at a C grade or above but mostly look at maths and english at at least a C grade. What year are you in currently?

Hey, I got C in both of my Sciences and I want B to do Physics can I retake science??/
Reply 3
Original post by JokerzMan
Hey, I got C in both of my Sciences and I want B to do Physics can I retake science??/

Are you going into year 12? if you are and you want to do physics i suggest you speak to the teacher that is head of physics to allow you to do this however physics is an extremely hard A Level subject that requires a lot of hard work and maths skills!! What was your GCSE grade for maths?
There is a possibility for you to repeat your GCSE sciences speaking to the exam office at your school but there would be so much for you to do on top of A Level s and GCSE sciences in your best interest i suggest you choose another subject?
Original post by MMR16
Are you going into year 12? if you are and you want to do physics i suggest you speak to the teacher that is head of physics to allow you to do this however physics is an extremely hard A Level subject that requires a lot of hard work and maths skills!! What was your GCSE grade for maths?
There is a possibility for you to repeat your GCSE sciences speaking to the exam office at your school but there would be so much for you to do on top of A Level s and GCSE sciences in your best interest i suggest you choose another subject?

I started hanging around with bad people and I was expected A* in Maths and got C. I was top of my class but I really slacked off and never revised and eventually I did mediocre without much help. I blame myself but I am determined to take this opportunity and neglect all the bad people and achieve A* also I want to resit Maths
Reply 5
I started hanging around with bad people and I was expected A* in Maths and got C. I was top of my class but I really slacked off and never revised and eventually I did mediocre without much help. I blame myself but I am determined to take this opportunity and neglect all the bad people and achieve A* also I want to resit Maths

there should be an opportunity for you to sit you maths GCSE exam in November but there is a charge i'm sorry to hear that. So are you going into year 12?
Original post by MMR16
there should be an opportunity for you to sit you maths GCSE exam in November but there is a charge i'm sorry to hear that. So are you going into year 12?

Do I have to wait another year or if I do it in November I can just change it midway?? About Maths.
Reply 7
Do I have to wait another year or if I do it in November I can just change it midway?? About Maths.

There maybe a chance for you to sit your Maths GCSE in November however clarify with the Exam office in your school or college
Original post by MMR16
There maybe a chance for you to sit your Maths GCSE in November however clarify with the Exam office in your school or college[/Q

For Science my school does not do it but for Maths I think they do but only for resits. I'll talk them tomorrow I really flopped my Gcse I got 5c's and 3b's passed everything but I didn't achieve my desired results. For some subjects like History I got B in the exams but F in the last paper, I came 30 mins late and left 4 questions.
Reply 9
For Science my school does not do it but for Maths I think they do but only for resits. I'll talk them tomorrow I really flopped my Gcse I got 5c's and 3b's passed everything but I didn't achieve my desired results. For some subjects like History I got B in the exams but F in the last paper, I came 30 mins late and left 4 questions.

Speak to your school and see what happens all the best

Quick Reply

Latest