The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

There are 2 Southampton uni's?

so basically. i flopped my a levels. C E D. which was a huge shocker as up to that point everything was geared for me to get no less than B's; predicted A's. i had to go into clearing and i was only accepted by Gloucester and Southampton (Solent) university. i obviously picked Southampton as i knew that they are a very good uni. however. i did not realise that i was actually accepted by solent XD. i was only later told by friends that there were 2 uni's. and Solent is quite far down on the rankings. i wanna know is it still Solent > Gloucester or should i jsut retake the year and do the modules externally.
Firm: Surrey
Insurance : Portsmouth
Original post by Avaail
so basically. i flopped my a levels. C E D. which was a huge shocker as up to that point everything was geared for me to get no less than B's; predicted A's. i had to go into clearing and i was only accepted by Gloucester and Southampton (Solent) university. i obviously picked Southampton as i knew that they are a very good uni. however. i did not realise that i was actually accepted by solent XD. i was only later told by friends that there were 2 uni's. and Solent is quite far down on the rankings. i wanna know is it still Solent > Gloucester or should i jsut retake the year and do the modules externally.
Firm: Surrey
Insurance : Portsmouth

there are indeed two places in the same city called Southampton and with University tags.
Check out the rankings.
One is HIGHLY regarded and respected .. the other is merely a rebranded ex polytechnic...
the two are completly seperate institutions and have NO connection what so ever.
you will have to search very hard to find that latter ex poly one in any respected rankings !
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending