The Student Room Group

Lifting weights

Scroll to see replies

So been thinking a lot about how I’m gonna train and eat after wedding and when starting work, so thought I’d make a post going over it in detail. Feel free to tl;dr it, or to dip in and give tips/criticism wherever you think. I’ll be fine if no-one responds at all tho :tongue:

Spoiler

Tl;dr program:-

AxBxAxx

A
Heavy big 4
Rows for reps
Bis, shoulders and abs

B
Heavy pull ups
Paused and incline bench for reps
RDLs for reps
Tris, shoulders and abs
That A session is horrific. If you're doing A B, doing an upper lower might be wiser or push, pull

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
That A session is horrific. If you're doing A B, doing an upper lower might be wiser or push, pull

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think it's gonna be fine at first but when the weights get heavier after a couple of weeks I may have to jig things round depending on how it goes. As per the other thread I just created (I havent read your reply yet btw), I don't find benching/pressing too tiring and am only starting with 5 sets combined, so the main thing will be the squats and deads - but my squat is still piss weak for now :tongue:
Like the plan son.
13% is low enough. 1/2 lb a week.

Second what Cucumber said though
Original post by Unistudent77
Like the plan son.
13% is low enough. 1/2 lb a week.

Second what Cucumber said though

thx homie

Bah, squat bench dead in one session is completely standard, often with more volume. Sticking 2 sets of presses and some bb work on the end shouldnt wreck me...

....rite? tell me its gona b ok

pls

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's gonna be ok bby. Just make sure you take those Jason Genova 'skittles' and your tropicana.
Then you can do 'whatever it takes' according to the best natural bodybuilder Rich Piana.

I'll leave you with an inspiring quote:
'We don't care about dying, we're freaks!' Said the theologian Jason Genova.

In all seriousness, time to make some sickening gainz bro :smile:
Original post by Implication
thx homie

Bah, squat bench dead in one session is completely standard, often with more volume. Sticking 2 sets of presses and some bb work on the end shouldnt wreck me...

....rite? tell me its gona b ok

pls

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you aren't squatting both sessions I'd split your heavy squat and heavy deadlifts, so do the Romanian high rep work after your heavy squats. I think you have too much push volume too, more than your pulls which isn't good. Maybe throw in some chin ups and dumbell rows if you want. Or remove the dead stop/spoto press from workout A.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
If you aren't squatting both sessions I'd split your heavy squat and heavy deadlifts, so do the Romanian high rep work after your heavy squats. I think you have too much push volume too, more than your pulls which isn't good. Maybe throw in some chin ups and dumbell rows if you want. Or remove the dead stop/spoto press from workout A.

Yeah as above, I'm confident I'll be fine with the squats and deads at first, and I want to make sure I'm doing both twice per week. When the deads get heavier it'll get trickier though, so perhaps I'll switch the heavy deads on A with the RDLs so I'm doing the lighter stuff twice and the heavy work once.

Re pulling:tongue:ushing, I'm not sure. Deffo wanna keep those presses in there and I wouldn't be totally against more rows on B, but I'm not sure its necessary. I agree I've got slightly more work on upper body pushes than pulls, but part of that is precisely because my pressing is so weak - I don't think im likely to be in a situation where my front delts are overdeveloped compared to my rears, especially with the rear raises every session plus the isometric work from all the dead variations!

Cheers for advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last unmarried session

FitNotes Workout - Friday 26th August 2016

** Dead Stop Overhead Press **
- 22.5 kgs x 10 reps
- 35.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 35.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 35.0 kgs x 10 reps
- 35.0 kgs x 8 reps
- 35.0 kgs x 7 reps

** Flat Barbell Bench Press **
- 37.5 kgs x 7 reps
- 50.0 kgs x 9 reps
- 50.0 kgs x 9 reps
- 50.0 kgs x 9 reps
- 50.0 kgs x 9 reps

** Underhand Barbell Row **
- 22.5 kgs x 12 reps
- 42.5 kgs x 6 reps
- 55.0 kgs x 8 reps
- 55.0 kgs x 8 reps
- 55.0 kgs x 8 reps
- 55.0 kgs x 8 reps

** EZ-Bar Skullcrusher **
- 25.0 kgs x 11 reps
- 25.0 kgs x 11 reps
- 25.0 kgs x 11 reps
- 25.0 kgs x 11 reps
- 25.0 kgs x 11 reps

** Barbell Curl **
- 18.0 kgs x 12 reps
- 18.0 kgs x 12 reps
- 18.0 kgs x 12 reps
- 18.0 kgs x 12 reps
- 18.0 kgs x 12 reps

** Lateral Dumbbell Raise **
- 4.0 kgs x 11 reps
- 4.0 kgs x 11 reps
- 4.0 kgs x 11 reps

** Rear Delt Dumbbell Raise **
- 2.5 kgs x 11 reps
- 2.5 kgs x 11 reps
- 2.5 kgs x 11 reps

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree that 'heavy' big four on one day has the potential to be tough, sometimes twice a week. I guess that 'heavy' doesn't mean that all need to be insane intensities every session.
Will be updating this with what I eat on hmoon - trying not to go too crazy with the all inclusive...

Yesterday's breakfast:
1/2 bag minstrels (plane)

Lunch:
Undressed salad
2-3 chicken breast fillets
1 tuna steak
2 mozzarella sticks
Small amount of pasta + beef ragu

Dinner:
Undressed salad
Lots of pork, lamb
1 fish steak (benigo or something??)
3 scoops of ice cream
Small amount of mousse

Today's breakfast:
5 rindless rashers of bacon
1 pork sausage
1 small chicken sausage
4 fried egg whites
Baked beans
Lots of watermelon
1 banana
Baby croissant

Drink:
Bailey's, Kahlúa and milk

Lunch
Undressed salad
2 tuna steaks
Small slice of chocolate and banana pizza

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wednesday dinner:
Undressed salad
Mozzarella and tomato salad

2 small glasses red wine

Tuna steak
Schwein schnitzel
2-3 pork medallions
1 small slice pizza
Lettuce + cucumber

2 scoops ice cream

Drinks:
2 x Bailey's double

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where are you having your honeymoon?

Is there a gym? :wink:
Bro it's your honeymoon. Eat lots, chill for days. Now is not the time to worry about your weight. Have fun, it's your honeymoon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I envy the amount of fish steak you can afford to eat :biggrin:
If I eat all I want I could legitimately put on like 15lb lmao. Can't normally eat fish steak but all inclusive bby - having at least one whenever possible :tongue:

Anyway ceebs to log food, just trying to fill up on veg and meat and not worry too much :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
We did do aqua zumba yesterday and 'aqua gym' today lel

Also breaststroke widths (like 12-15m)

My swimming is terrible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Implication
If I eat all I want I could legitimately put on like 15lb lmao. Can't normally eat fish steak but all inclusive bby - having at least one whenever possible :tongue:

Anyway ceebs to log food, just trying to fill up on veg and meat and not worry too much :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

15lbs OF GAINZ BRAH
abs almost gone, good really as it's getting me to the 'dont really care' point. reading everyone's blogs making me miss gym, testing 1RMs on mon/weds before work. 3 days of being a fatty first tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
[QUOTE=Implication;67434740]abs almost gone, good really as it's getting me to the 'dont really care' point. reading everyone's blogs making me miss gym, testing 1RMs on mon/weds before work. 3 days of being a fatty first tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just enjoy it bro.
If 1 week of mildly over-eating gets rid of your 'abs' then you never really had abs :tongue:

What is the plan when you return?

Quick Reply

Latest