The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
The Orn has blown again. Double whammy from the Ornacle. Says Mustafi deal is nearly done, fee will be in excess of £35m.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Get the **** in! MUSTAFIII !!!! Crucial signing.
Original post by James.Carnell
Lucas Confirmed. Welcome to Arsenal.
https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/768877942529204224

Hope the fans support the guy this guy with Giroud and he becomes a star.

He's literally 27 and never shown any quality to be called for a national call up at any level. Signs for Arsenal, I'm sure he'll become a star now :colonhash:
Original post by swirly
He's literally 27 and never shown any quality to be called for a national call up at any level. Signs for Arsenal, I'm sure he'll become a star now :colonhash:

He plays for Deportivo and creates his own chances, for a team that finished 15th. He has players like Ozil creating chances for him now, different ball game.

Besides, you are not even an Arsenal fan.
Original post by James.Carnell

Besides, you are not even an Arsenal fan.

I really am:frown:
Us signing a striker who scored 17 goals for relegation battlers last season. Basically like signing Charlie Austin the previous season (which never happened)

Now to get Debuchy and Sanogo off our wage bills
15 minutes ago, I was like we haven't signed anyone of our 3 targets

The Ornacle tweets and everything changes
Don't know why anyone thinks I'm less of an Arsenal fan than Shawn.
C'mon Ornstein, tweet us something about Rodriguez
Original post by shawn_o1
Us signing a striker who scored 17 goals for relegation battlers last season. Basically like signing Charlie Austin the previous season (which never happened)

Now to get Debuchy and Sanogo off our wage bills

I don't think we need a single world class striker to compete, contrary to popular opinion. Giroud has basically been carrying us in terms of the goalscoring , to have another player that can be as good as him is a major plus. None of the strikers we have right now are on Giroud's level. Adding another very good striker would be huge. Giroud suffers droughts but as a player he is very good.

Think about it, Bayern won the CL with Mandzukic, not world class.
Liverpool won the CL with Baros and Cisse up front...
Chelsea won with Drogba who was not WC at the time.
Winning trophies is possible without one single WC striker if you're getting goals through goalscoring depth and a solid spine.

I think the CB and CM position has been a much more pressing need for us. And before that, the GK position. Remember how frustrating it was to watch Chez and Flappy ?? We have addressed all of those positions.

I still think a WC attacking midfielder like James would complete the team, with Oxlade Chamberlain and Iwobi learning the ropes. Walcott needs the first train out.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vividly clear
C'mon Ornstein, tweet us something about Rodriguez

James isn't for sale.

They haven't won la liga since 2011-12. They finally have the depth in the squad to win it in James, Isco, Morato, Coentrao, Varane- quality depth all over the pitch.

If he were leaving, they wouldn't have let Jese leave, because they would have needed him for depth
Original post by swirly
James isn't for sale.

They haven't won la liga since 2011-12. They finally have the depth in the squad to win it in James, Isco, Morato, Coentrao, Varane- quality depth all over the pitch.

If he were leaving, they wouldn't have let Jese leave, because they would have needed him for depth

Zidane has Isco and Asensio ahead of him.
Original post by swirly
James isn't for sale.

Zidane actually said that James is going to have a secondery role this season, so I wonder which he'll pick

Go to a team where he will get higher wages and Guaranteed starting football, or remain at real madrid get benched, destroy your potential and watch Barcelona walk all over you
I thought Coentrao had left Real?

god bless sheikh wenger and al bin Ornstein also.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
god bless sheikh wenger and al bin Ornstein also.

Thoughts on hijabis? Swear down some are so buff
Original post by swirly
Thoughts on hijabis? Swear down some are so buff

The ones walkin round Harrods sometimes are unreal. How they get 2 2 man followin em round with about 5 rollies they bought, all i get are dirty looks :frown:
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
The ones walkin round Harrods sometimes are unreal. How they get 2 2 man followin em round with about 5 rollies they bought, all i get are dirty looks :frown:

that's because you're looking at up market hijabi, you need some Tesco value hijabi from Edgware road
Original post by swirly
that's because you're looking at up market hijabi, you need some Tesco value hijabi from Edgware road

LMAO.

Edgware folk won't like this
Thoughts if potentially Perez and Mustafi are our last signings??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DDan123
Thoughts if potentially Perez and Mustafi are our last signings??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd be satisfied. They are very much what we need. I have been saying it for years that it is our defence that has been the major concern for years. Cast your mind back a few years when we had Woolwich Chesney and Djourou as our spine.

I mean... think about all the defenders we have had since the invincibles. We are on the verge of having a very capable defence again. For instance, it gives Ramsey much more freedom to be the player we know he can be. He is not great with defensive responsibility but with the new players I don't think he has to be.

The striker situation is good also if this guy turns out very good we don't need a WC striker per se as we also have Giroud. Also, the new guys give us a lot more tactical flexibility.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest