The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Congratulate them, and send he/she on holiday, to a siberian gulag
I would whoop his ass until i beat the trans **** out of him if that dosn't work then he officially aint my son anymore. simple

Spoiler

you guys are ****ing appalling people.
Original post by richpanda
It wouldn't happen, as that sort of thing only happens when it is fostered by the environment the child is raised in- i.e. always told females are superior, males are stupid/dumb, viewing stuff like that in the media.

I'd just get him eating steak and lifting weights to boost his test levels and grow out of the phase.

e. always told females are superior,

lol what ?
Upset because it is one of the worst things someone can go through
Original post by fayeztheman
Aw the SJW baby is triggered again, so cute
Why don't to tell your pampering parents to give you a hug
Maybe they never told you that different people have different views on issues like LGBT and that people aren't far right bigoted nazis just because they disagree slightly with you on an issue.

And maybe someone never told you that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when that opinion endangers another's life and wellbeing, you're a ****ing as$hole. :smile:

You can disagree with people's life choices. But beating them for it? Saying it's okay to kick them out/let them get killed for it? Putting them in labour camps cause of it? Yeah, that's messed up.

I'm sure there are some people out there with the opinion that murder and assault are perfectly acceptable. Doesn't make it right.

Also laughing @ everyone all "aww poor SJWs are triggered! Can't deal with different viewpoints!". Sorry that some people are concerned when people are okay with abusing another person because they can't handle them getting on and living their lives, hurting nobody.

Hmm...who sound like the bigger babies there? :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
I would just give him a hug and say it's your life and you live it how you like and I will help you through all walks of life, I'll still be by your side, I will love you no matter what... :hugs:
Original post by harun_farah
I would whoop his ass until i beat the trans **** out of him if that dosn't work then he officially aint my son anymore. simple

Spoiler

That's horrible.
Some people shouldn't be parents.
If I had a child and they were to come out as transgender, I think I'd be immensely proud with them for being so brave. As an LGBT person myself, I know how difficult it can be to try and hide your identity, so I have a lot of respect for anybody else who is LGBT to pluck up the courage and come out. Regardless of whether my son or daughter was 3 or 23, I would definitely do whatever I can to make them feel 100% comfortable with themselves.
I have to admit, I would feel very concerned for them; I would worry a lot about their dysphoria and potential to become a victim to bullying and ignorant remarks. So I would do whatever I can to protect them and make them know that no matter what, I'd always love them and be there for them, and would back their decisions all the way. Regardless of their gender or sexual orientation, I know that deep down, they are still my child, with the same personality I always knew and loved and will continue to do so.
(edited 7 years ago)
It wouldn't happen, as that sort of thing only happens when it is fostered by the environment the child is raised in- i.e. always told females are superior, males are stupid/dumb, viewing stuff like that in the media.

I'd just get him eating steak and lifting weights to boost his test levels and grow out of the phase.

I do hope you're not being serious. It is really worrying me how many of you are being so negative about this! I'd have really thought in 2016 that our generation would have grown out of the narrow minded generation of our grandparents era. I think it's perfectly normal, live and let live! If people feel that way, then let them get on with it! I am 100% gay and ****ing proud and I understand how the LGBT community feel, because I've actually been through it myself. I find it funny how most of you will not be part of this community and you're all quick to judge saying it's something we can snap out of or grow out of or it's a choice. IT ****ING ISN'T! Me, my gay friend, my transgender friend, we were all born this way and we know that we have known from a young age. My transgender friend who naturally never wanted to play with Barbie but wanted Action Men, at an age when they didn't even know this sort of stuff was on TV, just proves that it is a completely natural thing! Oh my why can people not get their head around it, it's so simple!!!
Original post by loveleest
That's horrible.
Some people shouldn't be parents.

Here here. I hope the majority of you don't become parents, especially to an LGBT child because that would make our society go backwards with your poisonous views.
Of course I would be supportive :h:
Original post by glebp
Congratulate them, and send he/she on holiday, to a siberian gulag

Disgusting viewpoint which isn't even very funny!
Original post by SirKyrgystan
Hey couldn't agree more with the points you've made, thanks for writing this! I had no idea the strife the trans community go through with the NHS, and I'm sorry to hear your transition has been so rough.

On the point of suicide rates and proof they remain as high post-op, I cannot find any evidence on it, and indeed, am only finding evidence to the contrary. Namely depression (and as a result, suicide) rates going down drastically post-op. Gotta thank the reddit elves for collating these studies :smile: https://www.reddit.com/r/TiADiscussion/comments/2yltjj/does_transitioning_reduce_the_risk_of_suicide_in/

Can everyone please read the above viewpoint ^^^

SPOT ON!
Original post by GeorgeB16
I do hope you're not being serious. It is really worrying me how many of you are being so negative about this! I'd have really thought in 2016 that our generation would have grown out of the narrow minded generation of our grandparents era. I think it's perfectly normal, live and let live! If people feel that way, then let them get on with it! I am 100% gay and ****ing proud and I understand how the LGBT community feel, because I've actually been through it myself. I find it funny how most of you will not be part of this community and you're all quick to judge saying it's something we can snap out of or grow out of or it's a choice. IT ****ING ISN'T! Me, my gay friend, my transgender friend, we were all born this way and we know that we have known from a young age. My transgender friend who naturally never wanted to play with Barbie but wanted Action Men, at an age when they didn't even know this sort of stuff was on TV, just proves that it is a completely natural thing! Oh my why can people not get their head around it, it's so simple!!!

Looks like someone's triggered loooool
Original post by Trapz99
Looks like someone's triggered loooool

I've deleted my original reply and I take it back because what I said was nasty, but you're right, I am triggered reading these messages. Anyone in the LGBT community would be!?
Original post by Trapz99
Maybe it's making you angry because you know it's the truth. That's my take, anyway.

Are you aware that transgender people have gender dysphoria?
I'd make sure he was secure in his decision and then support him and ensure he had access to counselling/whatever before making any permanent decisions. Can't understand how you could react differently tbh.
Reply 158
not bothered at all, I'd just see how I could accommodate them like what would they like to be called etc, help explaining to other family members and offering support
Original post by Mathemagicien
Who says girls should play with Barbie, and can't play with Action Men? What kind of backwards view is that? Just because a girl enjoys sensible things does not make her a boy.

I'm not dictating what they should and shouldn't play with, I'm just explaining that that is what it was like for her and that's how she found out...long before we were "brainwashed" by watching the likes of Eastenders.

Latest