The Student Room Group

GCSE results and Cambridge

I got 3 A* and 8As, do i have a chance?
Cambridge barely consider GCSEs. Focus on getting AAAA or AAAB at AS if you're serious about Cambridge.
Reply 2
Original post by blue2337
Cambridge barely consider GCSEs. Focus on getting AAAA or AAAB at AS if you're serious about Cambridge.

Oh really? I've just been reading some forums and it seems to me that the average person accepted have around 6 A* at gcse, thanks tho

but yh im planning to work super hard throughout the year :smile::smile:
Congratulations on your results! :h: :congrats: In terms of Cambridge, like the person above said, Cambridge care a lot more about A-levels.
Reply 4
Original post by JourneyToSuccess
Congratulations on your results! :h: :congrats: In terms of Cambridge, like the person above said, Cambridge care a lot more about A-levels.

Thank you!!
Ok cool, thats good :smile:

what about oxford?
Original post by rihana.c
Thank you!!
Ok cool, thats good :smile:

what about oxford?

Oxford are a lot more strict with your GCSE results. An average applicant has between 4-9A*'s, but on their website it says you can still get a place with less than 4 A*'s as you can still get declined with more than 9A*'s. :h:
Reply 6
Original post by JourneyToSuccess
Oxford are a lot more strict with your GCSE results. An average applicant has between 4-9A*'s, but on their website it says you can still get a place with less than 4 A*'s as you can still get declined with more than 9A*'s. :h:

Okay thank you!! :smile:
I got 3 A* and 8As, do i have a chance?

Hey I got 3A*s, 6As and 2Bs and would like to go to Cambridge too, but as other people have said cambridge care a lot more about A-levels. Just work really hard next year and you'll be fine!:biggrin:

Congratulations on your amazing results!:h:
Reply 8
Original post by sunshine774
Hey I got 3A*s, 6As and 2Bs and would like to go to Cambridge too, but as other people have said cambridge care a lot more about A-levels. Just work really hard next year and you'll be fine!:biggrin:

Congratulations on your amazing results!:h:

Thank you!! You too!

What course do you want to do?
Thank you!! You too!

What course do you want to do?

I want to do economics. Wbu?:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh really? I've just been reading some forums and it seems to me that the average person accepted have around 6 A* at gcse, thanks tho

but yh im planning to work super hard throughout the year :smile::smile:

A lot of people say that Cambridge give less consideration to GCSE results than Oxford does. But I wouldn't go so far as to say they 'barely consider' them. Especially with the linearisation of A-levels. Nonetheless, with high UMS, good scores in Cambridge's own entrance exams and a solid interview performance I think you'd probably have a decent chance.
Reply 11
Original post by RayApparently
A lot of people say that Cambridge give less consideration to GCSE results than Oxford does. But I wouldn't go so far as to say they 'barely consider' them. Especially with the linearisation of A-levels. Nonetheless, with high UMS, good scores in Cambridge's own entrance exams and a solid interview performance I think you'd probably have a decent chance.

Okay thank you very much
Reply 12
Original post by sunshine774
I want to do economics. Wbu?:smile:

Cool, Im not totally sure yet but something in either medical field or maths field or psycology field aha
Cool, Im not totally sure yet but something in either medical field or maths field or psycology field aha

Ok well best of luck x:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest