The Student Room Group

Ask for a remark in AQA Maths

It seems like a screwed up my AS Mathe by getting a D, but looking at the raw marks I got 58 and 63 respectively for core 1 and 2 which were out of 75. Got. D and C in those papers respectively should I ask for a remark?
Original post by asim1999
It seems like a screwed up my AS Mathe by getting a D, but looking at the raw marks I got 58 and 63 respectively for core 1 and 2 which were out of 75. Got. D and C in those papers respectively should I ask for a remark?

How close to the next grade boundary were you? It would be harder for marks to change in a subject like maths, where examiners follow a strict mark scheme, compared to a subjective subject like English although not impossible. You might find this thread useful to consider whether a remark would be a good idea: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4246986

Those are not your raw marks, mate. Those are your UMS scores.
50-59 UMS = D
60-69 UMS = C

Your actual raw scores are 49/75 for C1 and 47/75 for C2.

If you got 58/75 for C1 and 63/75 for C2 you would have B and A respectively.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RDKGames
Those are not your raw marks, mate. Those are your UMS scores.
50-59 UMS = D
60-69 UMS = C

Your actual raw scores are 49/75 for C1 and 47/75 for C2.

If you got 58/75 for C1 and 63/75 for C2 you would have B and A respectively.

Well IDK considering that the total ms colum listed 90 whereas the total marks and grades listed 150
Well IDK considering that the total ms colum listed 90 whereas the total marks and grades listed 150

What about your third module? You should've done 3. Maybe that's the one dragging you down rather than C1 and C2

Quick Reply

Latest