The Student Room Group

grade boundaries

I am really confused about grade boundaries. In German for example, it gives you the grade and then the grade and the mark equiv. for each of the papers, but the marks bear no relation to the marks on the grade boundary thread on this site? I am trying to work out how close I was to the next boundary.
Reply 1
Raw marks (those you get on your papers/coursework) are converted into UMS marks to calculate grades. Your exam results will probably be giving you the UMS marks but the boundaries are reported in Raw marks (or vice versa). It depends on the exam board and the way your school processes results. Exam boards have UMS converters so check those first but failing that email your exams officer; they have the info you need.
Reply 2
Original post by Clemm101
Raw marks (those you get on your papers/coursework) are converted into UMS marks to calculate grades. Your exam results will probably be giving you the UMS marks but the boundaries are reported in Raw marks (or vice versa). It depends on the exam board and the way your school processes results. Exam boards have UMS converters so check those first but failing that email your exams officer; they have the info you need.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest