The Student Room Group

I ****ed up bad

I was predicted 3A*s 4As and 3 Bs. I got the grades in the same order but everything was down by one grade. e.g. maths i was predicted an A* but i got an A. I got 3As 4Bs 3Cs.I have been in my schools G and T since year 9 (when I joined) and I was determined to go to Oxford Uni soo bad.
Original post by James David
I was predicted 3A*s 4As and 3 Bs. I got the grades in the same order but everything was down by one grade. e.g. maths i was predicted an A* but i got an A. I got 3As 4Bs 3Cs.I have been in my schools G and T since year 9 (when I joined) and I was determined to go to Oxford Uni soo bad.

even with three A*'s it would be unlikely to get to Oxford anyway.
Oxford Uni =/= Success in Life

I'll leave you with a quote from the great Warren Buffett...

“There comes a time when you ought to start doing what you want. Take a job that you love. You will jump out of bed in the morning. I think you are out of your mind if you keep taking jobs that you don't like because you think it will look good on your resume. Isn't that a little like saving up sex for your old age?”

So do what you enjoy.
Original post by James David

Lol at people who are stressing about GCSES, literally means nothing apart from getting into college and you only need 5 As to Cs. Unless youre doing medicine etc where it COULD have some impact but even then good A levels ukcat personal statement interivew etc far outwiegh GCSEs.

A levels are probably the main thing but again once you get into uni it will barely be looked at after a few years of graduating.

You clearly havent "f up bad" and its probably a thread created to crave attention to have people say how good youve done. Those Gcses are fine
Pick yourself up, dust yourself down and get back to work. Use it as motivation to do better at A level. Show your true abilities at that stage. Do not accept that any university is out of reach, even if it might seem that way now.

If you don't get into Oxbridge, that too is by no means the end of the world. It might seem like it now but it really isn't. For one thing, you will find that academics move about a lot within the top universities. Even if you don't get to Oxford, there's every chance you'll be taught by people who have taught there in the past or will do in the future.

What you get out of your university experience has a huge amount to do with what you put into it. That is much more important than the location, the teachers and the dreamy spires. People at other universities will be reading the same books and will be having to learn the same things.

Quick Reply